Thread: Lake Vermillion

Lake Vermillion

Any info? Lake rules? Heck, is it worth fishing, lol?

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

2. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I think you need a sticker but I fished it in October and it was deserted and I just made a stop on one of my 2 or 3 day Illinois Bass Trips. Vermillion had a ton of laydowns up lake some nice points and deep water under the road full of shad.. I'm average Basser but I caught bass but nothing over 2lbs from 9am to 1pm and then I hit Newton in the evening and Coffeen the next day. I use to pick a lake(Fishing Connection Map book) stop for morning and hit 1 or 2 more lakes in my 2/3 day fishing trips on weekdays when I was between jobs.

3. Member
    You can buy a day pass but this time of year no one is at ramp usually. Funny lake some good fish in it . I think if you talk to most guys that fish it they WILL say hard to pattern it. I think a jig is probably the most consistent bait . You can run plane North to the high wires then idle Very shallow except in river channel tons of timber. Some good smallmouth get caught at this time and later before freeze. Lot of good fish caught around island across from ramp then a little south.
    Last edited by stratosjoe; 10-19-2019 at 07:29 AM.

4. Member
    Thanks guys! Spent most of the morning playing w grandsons, lol...c’mon afternoon bite! ����

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova