Lost Sonar HDS Gen3

The past two trips my sonar on my console unit has been jacked up. This is the basic 2D sonar ducer. It can read water temp but can't display the bottom or anything in the water column. Is it possible my ducer went bad? I checked my data sources and all are where they're supposed to be. I also put it up on the bow to check and it was able to read the HDI ducer up there. Is there anything else that I should do/check before I start ripping my bilge apart (which will be a project)?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

2. Member
    Is the transducer level in the water? In other words is it maybe kicked up & not level?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whip2 View Post
    Is the transducer level in the water? In other words is it maybe kicked up & not level?
    Forgot to add that it's a thru-hull so this doesn't apply. Thanks for responding

4. Member
    It may have come un-epoxied from the hull. Pour some water into the bilge and see if it starts working. If so, you might be able to salvage it instead of buying a new one. If it still doesn't work, then buy a new one and hang it over the side of the boat just to make sure everything works prior to replacing the old one.

5. Member
    Thru-hull or Shoot-thru-hull?

6. Member
    I get this occasionally.
    Try restoring the sonar defaults, go into settings...sonar...restore sonar defaults. Should fix it.

7. Member
    Well it looks like my 2D Ducer came unglued from the hull. I have a new one on the way but is it possible to reuse this old one? It's probably 8 years old and was on my previous boat so it has some dings but was working fine before it came dislodged? Anyone have experience resuing these? It would save me $60 and rerouting of wires.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by potomacbassin View Post
    Well it looks like my 2D Ducer came unglued from the hull. I have a new one on the way but is it possible to reuse this old one? It's probably 8 years old and was on my previous boat so it has some dings but was working fine before it came dislodged? Anyone have experience resuing these? It would save me $60 and rerouting of wires.
    Yes it is possible your 8 year old transducer will work. But in my opinion being you have bought a new one there's no way I'd glue the old one in to save $60 bucks. Just make sure which one you are going to use is check it before gluing it in.
    2019 Bass Cat Eyra
    Mercury 250 Pro SX
    4 Stroke 2B591496

9. Member
    Since the original one is 8 years old, and since you already have the old one out, I would recommend going ahead and replacing it with a new one. You may also want to consider replacing it with a puck style either with no temperature (PD-WBL 000-0106-73) or a remote temperature (PDRT-WBL 000-0106-89) probe. The puck style is easier to mount in the bilge than the skimmer style which you currently have. Before pulling the old cable out, tie a pull string to the connector end of the cable to be used to assist in installing the new cable.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mak747 View Post
    Since the original one is 8 years old, and since you already have the old one out, I would recommend going ahead and replacing it with a new one. You may also want to consider replacing it with a puck style either with no temperature (PD-WBL 000-0106-73) or a remote temperature (PDRT-WBL 000-0106-89) probe. The puck style is easier to mount in the bilge than the skimmer style which you currently have. Before pulling the old cable out, tie a pull string to the connector end of the cable to be used to assist in installing the new cable.
    Yep. Great advice. I ordered the PDRT-WBL to make sure I'm seeing everything that I can below the boat and so I have more accurate temperature readings.