1999 Merc EFI - 200hp.

Serial Number OG898316
    A few questions...

1. When I put the boat in gear (out of neutral) it will stall out sometimes. Idle seems a little too low to me. Is there an idle adjustment somewhere?

2. When I turn the key to the first step... I get no "beep" Are these older motors supposed to have this? Also, should I have a overheat beep as well? My mechanic said there is no rev limiter alarm... but I didn't ask about the key beep or overheat alarm, etc.

Motor runs perfect.. just wanted some clarification on these things..

2. Member
    I was also thinking.. maybe the alarms and beep have been disabled since the last owner of the boat removed the oil tank and set up for pre mix.?

3. Member
    Deleted
    Last edited by leonreno; 10-17-2019 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Wrong information
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

There’s no more key on beep when oil injection equipment is removed. If it’s not been done in a while, look up doing a complete link n synch on your motor. That basically resets everything and gets all the linkages and timing and throttle blade adjustments where they’re supposed to be then dial in from there. If you need to bump just the idle there’s a little screw between the vst and intake plenum, top right as you look at the front of the motor that adjusts the top throttle blades for your idle speed adjustment.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

5. Member
    ^^^^ +1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +2... and indeed no warning horn "test beep" if oil injection has been properly removed.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    thank you