Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Pat Goff
    I'm not either, but I've driven all of them.
    Here's where the fork in the road shows up.
    In choppy whitecap water with foot or foot and a half waves, you're not going to see much difference between the two.
    Now when it gets really dicey, when you're having to pick your way around the water, then you'll find out the difference. Everything else all you can do is lock your arms and pretty well bash the wave. Cat's better than most, it's going to give you some ability to maneuver, but it's limited.
    But...in your 202/203 you can stay at speed and make the adjustments quickly enough to avoid the direct bash. They have to slow down to avoid the chance of spearing a roller, or just to save their backs from the straight on drop and plow.
    The 202/203/hybrid guy can pick himself around to never let the wave take the direct shot at you, and take control of the angles so you never just drop in the hole.

Those who haven't seen it can't imagine it. But once you do, it's like the entire universe opens up for you.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

They have done a fine fine job explaining our position on the performance topic. Whenever we hear the boast of passing a Bass Cat it never really is a consideration on the age, condition or other factors. Since the Hybrid is new, many will assume it’s the performance of our characteristic hulls and thus its not an embarrassment, it’s just the reality. Bass Cat Owners characteristically expect more performance.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Matt, every time I read a response from Rick on this rig, he seems be to anti-climatic on it. Almost sounds like he is embarrassed by its slower speeds. What gives with that, is he just enamored about speed only and not the good ride? More to a boat than speed. Hell if it goes 74-75 with a 250, those are still good speeds.

3. Member
    Nice write up and nice boat!
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

Thank you sir

5. TJNYSNP
    Sounds great. If the boat has a wide front deck it would be great. I love my 203 but man i hate when those big rollers come... sometimes its so narrow on the 202 and 203 its like being in a canoe in the front ! :) great writeup, thanks for sharing.

The Hybrid is significantly wider than the 202/203 and has a 94 inch beam as opposed to the 90 of the 202/203. It's not like the newer wide bodies but a heck of a lot better than the older skinny Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by mohawkman View Post
    Sounds great. If the boat has a wide front deck it would be great. I love my 203 but man i hate when those big rollers come... sometimes its so narrow on the 202 and 203 its like being in a canoe in the front ! :) great writeup, thanks for sharing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234