Thread: Rub rail issue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Rub rail issue

Has anyone had an issue with there boat? Every single time ive been out.....calm, 1-2's it doesnt matter....every trip I have one, two or sometimes more backing out every trip.....just trying to see if anyone else has the same thing? I've spoke with Falcon and currently dealing with a screw that backed out and jammed down into my fiberglass causing issues. Hoping to get this figure out with Falcon because im over the headache on it already.

2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

2. Member
    Dayum, I've seen other forums suggest to use 4200 on screws and run them back in. IDK

3. Member
    Falcon told me to take off entire rub rail, squirt some 4200 between cap and hull, add some extra screws in between and put 4200 in the holes and put screws back in......I could understand if I beat my stuff that this would happen as consistently as it does but I get made fun of for how slow I drive. Im not a performance guy....give me a good hole shot and ride over top speed ANY day. Pretty disheartening having this happen because if it isnt fixed soon my tenure with Falcon Boats will come to an end quite quickly.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

4. Member
    Wow I thought they would send you some where and fix it on their dime!

5. Member
    Short answer YES....I have 2-3 back out almost every trip. I just screw them back in and roll with it. Ive had my boat almost 2 years I guess I've just gotten use to it.

6. Member
    They say anytime one backs out roll the screw in 4200 and put it back in and it shouldnt back out.....im just over the constant issue with it and then this front coming apart like that and gouging my fiberglass realllllllly irks me!

7. Member
    Lock tight on the screws will cure all the problems. Pretty simple. Or in that case anything sticky on the threads of the screw.

8. Member
    I know how to fix it. Ive just been to lazy to do it. I do have one question...Why do boat companies not apply something to the screws at the factory?

9. Member
    Falcon does now.....I guess they apply 4200 all the way around the cap and hull and for each screw....they did not before.....so im assuming since they figured out its an issue now its on me which is crazy in my eyes.
    Last edited by scum_frog; 10-17-2019 at 05:36 PM.

10. Member
    That is disappointing to hear. I have not had the problem once that I am aware of but I will keep an eye on it. Are you near a dealer?

11. Member
    A 2017 boat and they wont fix their issue? That's not right

12. Member
    As far as my boat I haven't ask anyone to fix it. Every time I have talked with anyone at Falcon they have been more than helpful. Im hopeful scum frog can get his issue resolved. I on the other hand will continue to just fix mine.

13. Member
    Why do they screw the top cap to the hull? Why not glass it and rivet it?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Why do they screw the top cap to the hull? Why not glass it and rivet it?

all boats are screwed together I believe (except maybe bass cats)??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

15. Member
    I have seen this multiple times with different brands of boats. Not an uncommon issue that is pretty easy to fix permanently.

16. Member
    Ya im hoping so as well. I know my mechanic at my local shop is speaking with them so hopefully I hear something today on whats going on....its pretty nerve racking at the moment especially if this issue is on me....im a pretty proud Falcon owner and have really been boosting there products on here and at big tournaments so we shall see.

17. Member
    Same here...Ive had multiple boats do the same thing. I guess that's why I haven't called Falcon. Its just not that big of a deal to me. Im not saying its not a big deal to someone else just not to me. I do hope everything gets worked out to everyones satisfaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelleak View Post
    I have seen this multiple times with different brands of boats. Not an uncommon issue that is pretty easy to fix permanently.

18. Member
    Ive had ranger, skeeter and champion before this Falcon.....ive had a couple screws start to come out some.....but thats it...and it wasnt every trip. I have 4-5 screws broke off in my rub rail within a 5' section. I know the exception on screws backing out of a rub rail....this is an over amount and its literally every trip.....and to work so far out it comes out of rail and backs itself back down and into the fiberglass?! Little excessive for me now.

19. Member
    I would agree.... That does seem excessive and your problem is definitely worse than mine. I may have 2-3 on the whole boat back out, but none have come so far as to break off. I hope Falcon takes care of you and I feel like they will.

20. Banned
    yeah that's a bit excessive and unacceptable. I can see a couple backing out over the life of the boat, but every trip? No. Shouldn't have to remove the rub rail insert after every fishing trip. That's a defect in manufacturing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast