Thread: Rub rail issue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelleak View Post
    scum-frog. I have no issue with my rub rail at all. I have pounded the crap out of this boat on Champlain and have had zero problems. Hope I didn't say something that led you to think I had the same issue, I don't. Got a feeling that someone at the factory installing the rail may of used the wrong size drill bit or who knows because it really isn't rocket science to keep this situation from happening or continuing. The screw size I believe would be #10 x 1". Take one of your screws out and see what they use for size and your option would be to go up one size in diameter or fill the pre-existing holes with epoxy/glass and drill for the size #10. Not sure what size options are available in this specialty screw?
    Fuelleak do you have a 18 or 19 model? Just wondering on my 19 if I'll have issues. Thx

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txsunfish View Post
    Fuelleak do you have a 18 or 19 model? Just wondering on my 19 if I'll have issues. Thx
    I have the 205 and its been flawless.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelleak View Post
    I have the 205 and its been flawless.

4. Member
    Some manufactures use a dipped pinning screw that already has the adhesive on them.

5. Member
    Just a little update on the ole Falcon.....went into my mechanic today finally.....he is stripping rub rail off on both sides thankfully and completely doing it right.....gluing between cap and hull and I purchased those Simpson fiberglass screws and he is gluing and installing those. Should be done sometime tomorrow. I cannot wait to get this done and move on from it!
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

6. Member
    Okayyyyyy......so boats done thank gosh. He took entire rub rail off both sides and said he immediately knew what the issue was......the only thing holding the cap and hull together was a screw every foot or so......thats it. He found a lot of screws that were broke as well. So he ended up gluing hull and cap and adding a screw in between each of the other ones and then took out all the broken screws in rub rail and added extra in of the new screws I bought.....im excited and hoping the issue is over with....I walked around the boat pulling up and down on the rail and it doesnt budge a smidge.....before almost every foot I could do it and it would move. Fingers crossed this issue is marked off the list!
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

7. Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123