Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duece22 View Post
    An employee living pay check to pay check isnt any employers problem. Based off your math above, they are getting a 31k raise over 4 years. I guess they should save the 31k for next time.
    If you make 32 dollars an hour and get a 10 grand bonus every year and are frugal with your money you can live really darn good.
    Last edited by RANGER487; 10-18-2019 at 08:38 AM.

What happened to the $60 an hour(wages) overpaid unskilled worker talk?

Seems their wages and benefit packages aren’t out of line.

3. dartag1829
    Question for you union guys. Do they have to pay a percentage to Union Dues on the 9k ratification bonus.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Question for you union guys. Do they have to pay a percentage to Union Dues on the 9k ratification bonus.
    yes more than likely a special assessment,also bonus will be taxed at a different rate (higher because its a bonus)

5. Member
    The Union that i was in did not take a percent of anything. Monthly dues were set and not raised too often. Teamsters 696.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    The Union that i was in did not take a percent of anything. Monthly dues were set and not raised too often. Teamsters 696.
    +2 same here. The amount of my check makes no difference on my dues costs. Dues are a fixed amount set in the Union's Constitution. If my payday is $900 or $1500 my dues are the same amount.

7. Member
    You union guys still get strike pay from the union?

8. Banned
    No

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    You union guys still get strike pay from the union?
    We did not but our State Law forbid us to strike or walk off the job. Could not leave the inmates unattended.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Same way with mine Teamster 554.

Included in my dues ( I thought they were $25 a month when I retired, wife thought around $50) Full medical for myself and family, Pension, life insurance. Hellva bargain.

We were the same way as D.O.C.—— No Strike, No lock out———- it was in the contract

11. Member
    Strike is OVER!

11K bonus, end 2 tier wage system, keep healthcare the same. all workers reach $32 hour within 4 years.

Slam Dunk for the UAW

12. Member
    Good news
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

13. Member
    Uncle Sam gets a huge cut, and the union takes a percentage. 11k signing bonus will be around $6,500 give or take a couple hundred.

Good news for everyone.

15. Member
    We pay set monthly dues.Our yearly bonus is taxed normally and our local gets nothing. Teamsters Local 100

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Uncle Sam gets a huge cut, and the union takes a percentage. 11k signing bonus will be around $6,500 give or take a couple hundred.
    Union takes more than uncle Sam? Your bonus should only be taxed at 25%.

17. Member
    Yep. My brother went back to work today. Working till Wednesday then were leaving for Nebraska hunting for 12 days. Lol

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duece22 View Post
    Union takes more than uncle Sam? Your bonus should only be taxed at 25%.
    Union takes 2.5 % I believe. The government considers it part of your weekly pay when you receive the bonus which puts you in a higher tax bracket for the pay period/week. They do this with every single bonus and profit sharing check. I've been with Ford for 20 years and they always take more than our normal weekly check.

19. Member
    Union takes 2.5 % I believe. The government considers it part of your weekly pay when you receive the bonus which puts you in a higher tax bracket for the pay period/week. They do this with every single bonus and profit sharing check. I've been with Ford for 20 years and they always take more than our normal weekly check.
    Does the Union take 2.5 per cent above normal dues or are your dues only 2.5 per cent of earned income?

20. Member
    Sounds like your reps should push for it to be a separate check and as a bonus. On a bonus only 25% should be taken from what I understand.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast