Prop choice for 2019 Mercury 115 XS CT on Ranger RT 188

I got a new Ranger RT 188 this fall and I am looking to add SS 4 blade prop to it. I don't care so much about top end speed, just looking for a good all around prop that is a good fit for this engine. I was looking at the Spitfire X7 but not sure if I need the 19 or 21P. Open to any suggestions on others as well.

No Jack plate. Motor is mounted in 3rd hole.

Thanks.
    Last edited by rlrichar; 10-16-2019 at 10:37 AM.

2. Member
    Lots of views but no reply's. :( I figured this was a popular setup for the RT188.

I ended ordering a Tempest Plus 21P as it seems that what dealers are now putting on them.

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I’m going to take a stab and guess that the majority of RT188 owners are running what the factory put on the engine, prop-wise. I can think of a couple of reasons for that. One is that the boat planes out very well with the stock prop, and the second is that the boat is not very suitable for large, rough water, which is where 4-blades shine. Bass boaters being bass boaters, almost everyone would like to get a top end boost from some kind of prop upgrade, but that’s also not very likely [in terms of significant gains] going from a 3-blade to a 4-blade. My fishing buddy has that exact boat and motor, equipped with the Tempest Plus 21. It’s very snappy for a 115, but not going to win any races, so spending the bucks for another prop would not cross his mind.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    My take is that a 21P is a 'safe' prop for that engine. I have a Ranger R70 (17' 1075#) with the Pro xs 115 CT running
    a 21P aluminum. Considering either a 23P aluminum or 22P Tempest plus (but, will have
    to wait 'til next spring). I would stay with 3 blade for your rig.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....