Thread: Flu shot

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. robdy72
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    It should always be a personal decision to get it or not and I do not begrudge anyone not getting one. I do though think the myth about the shot causing the flu is simply false and would hope no one would choose not to get one because of that.
    Exactly, well said and the government is not trying to make people sick. just thought I would throw that out there for the conspiracy theorist people.

2. Member
    I get one every year and have never had soreness or a reaction. I was told that it will help your allergies if you have them and that was another reason I get one. Not positive that is the case, but it has seemed to help me with that problem. As said, it will only be effective on certain strains of the flu and will not prevent you from getting a new strain. It boils down to personal preference as I have friends that don't believe in getting the flu shot.

3. Member
    they were mandatory the entire 22 yrs I was in the military and I just carried on with getting one for the past 15 yrs, never had a problem with swelling or soreness. But cannot say that for some of the other fine military inoculation's - typhoid, anthrax and yellow fever shots sucked.

I missed getting one flu shot in the last ~35 years, and I got the flu that year.

I'm in the window for the 2nd Shingrix vaccination. The first one kicked my butt. I could sleep on that arm 3 nights, and it was a week before all the affects were gone.

5. Member
    No thanks

6. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Better than getting the FLU ! ! !
    Brave up.

7. Member
    I will never get a flu shot. My mother in law took one 2 years ago and she got guillain barre syndrome from it. It almost killed her. She was so paralized that she couldn't swallow and had to have a breathing tube. She spent a month in intensive care and almost two months in a rehab facility. She had to learn how to walk and talk again. A guy I grew up with had the same thing happen to him. SHe is doing OK now but has a hard time walking. Has to use a cane or walker.

8. Member
    64 and never got one yet

9. Member
    Flu shot is a cake walk compared to the shingles shots! Shingles shots were the most painful shots I have ever had. Soreness and aches lasted three days.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BR400 View Post
    I will never get a flu shot. My mother in law took one 2 years ago and she got guillain barre syndrome from it. It almost killed her. She was so paralized that she couldn't swallow and had to have a breathing tube. She spent a month in intensive care and almost two months in a rehab facility. She had to learn how to walk and talk again. A guy I grew up with had the same thing happen to him. SHe is doing OK now but has a hard time walking. Has to use a cane or walker.
    my mother died from this

The only time I ever got a flu shot, I got the flu about four or five months later. Damned if you do...damned if you don't the way I see it.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jimmy View Post
    Flu shot is a cake walk compared to the shingles shots! Shingles shots were the most painful shots I have ever had. Soreness and aches lasted three days.
    Oh goody....I'm supposed to get one of those too.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Had the flu once. I get the shot every year now.

14. Member
    No thanks Never take one and hardly ever sick

15. Member
    Wait until you get the shingles vaccination.....2 shots with 8-10 weeks in between. And you NEED to get it!

16. Member
    Been getting flu shots since they came out. Haven't had the flu since or any side effects. Once a little sore but only lasted about 8 hours.
    Please release me,let me go.

17. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    They offer it here at work every year but have never gotten one.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

18. Member
    Got mine a week or so ago. Less sore than last year. Felt a little slow about three days after for a day or so. All in all less effects than previous years. Hope they got the strains right this year.

19. Banned
    Never had one myself but the wife gets one every year since she works in the medical field. She gets the flu every year and i do not.

20. Member
    Nope. I wont get it.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast