Bike Trip for 2020?

so wife and I went to Bikes Blues and BBQ and had a ball there at the rally and riding around. was the first time since we have bought our bike almost a year ago that we had a few days where we did nothing but use the bike for transportation around everywhere..
    with that being said we are already looking at finding a trip to take next year that we can take for around a full week.
    We had talked about going out to Sturgis, but also after being in the Smokey Mountains a few years ago (with out the bike then) we have always wanted to go back.
    so its kind of a toss up on what we want to do for next year, Sturgis or Smokey Mtns.

so whats say you all which would you do.

It would be cool to experience Sturgis one time, but I'm not a huge crowd fan so the Smokies would be my choice. We are thinking about looping the Great Lakes or part of them next summer.

3. Member
    You will find great roads on either so can't go wrong either way. We've rode the Smokies several times, most well known is the dragon. It's a fun ride but definitely not the best ride in the area. You can get a map with several roads to ride in the area at local shops or off the web. We have been to the Sturgis area but not during bike week, it was about a month before it. We rode from So. Illinois through Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah then down to New Mexico, Oklahoma and back home. 5,000 miles in two weeks. If i did it again i would like to stay in the Sturgis, Deadwood area for a few days and spend more time riding the roads in that area. Like i said though, you won't go wrong either way. You might also think about Arkansas. We stayed in Eureka Springs, you can also get a map of several rides in the Harrison, Eureka Springs area.

4. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Go to the Smokey mountains. Sturgis is a rat race and while there are a few good rides it doesn’t compare to Arkansas or the smokies.

5. Member
    As stated previously go to the Smokies, also do the Cherohala Skyway from Robinsville, N.C. into Telico Plains, Tn. a great ride. It is an extension of the Smokies with mountains over 6, 000 ft. in elevation. A lovely river follows the road going into Telico Plains also and an added bonus is Buck Bald Water Falls just off the Skyway about 8 miles from Telico Plains. The Dragon Tail is a good winding mountain road also but it has gotten awfully busy the last few years with all the Crotch Rockets. Beautiful country for sure!

6. Member
    The dragon is a beautiful ride but idiots on the rice burners have made it a very dangerous ride. No-one can just enjoy the day anymore, they have to race and use both lanes in the curves. Use caution on it, and stay away from the yellow lines.