2007 225 pro xs dies under idle

Serial#1B458911 750hrs. New compressor, injectors cleaned, and new bulb last year. I will pump bulb before initial start up, it will idle for about 10 minutes then die, I pump it back up and it is good for another 10 minutes or so, over and over. I can pump it up and run under power all day, but if I go back to graphing it will die after 10 min. Almost seems like I’m just filling VST up, and under idle it is emptying. I’m thinking it might be the small pump at the bottom of VST. I replaced that pump last year when I did the other work. Thoughts?

Check the vacuum pulse to the pulse pump for a strong signal, also cap the end of the fuel line at the tank and use a hand pump on the fuel line that is attached to the pulse pump, pull a vacuum on it, Should be absoluty no leak down
    If the above are good, rebuild or replace the pulse pump
    Be sure there are no contaminates in the pulse pump, is so replace all lines and bulb and check fuel tank for contaminants
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Check out the "Fuel Lines and Performance Problems" post in the FAQ Section. Make sure ALL recommended items have been done at the SAME TIME (not a piece here, piece there).

More than likely problems in at least one of those items (AND the pulse fuel pump, which should be rebuilt with ONLY an OEM Mercury/Quicksilver Kit, NO AFTERMARKETS).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor