Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. idbefishing
    Why would you lock it with the engine running?

2. Member
    [QUOTE=idbefishing;10595134]Why would you lock it with the engine running?[/QUOTE

I do sometimes when it’s really cold out and I’m just running into the gas station, etc... I actually rarely even use my keys. Keypad entry and exit, push button start, and remote start on my phone through the Ford app.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Why would you lock it with the engine running?
    so you can run in somewhere and leave the heat or AC on. Do it all the time.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    you can lock the door with the keypad while the truck is running.
    Back when I had one the doors locked if you got out and shut the door with the engine running. It was a problem when someone else was using the vehicle. I checked into a hotel one time and the valet parking guy moved it and got out with the engine running. The doors locked and they couldn’t get back in. It sat and idled until it ran out of gas. Needless to say I wasn’t happy when I found out about it.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

5. Member
    I have a 2018 Sierra, and I absolutely love the truck. Ive put 31K miles on it in 16 mos, zero issues so far. I was a die hard Ford guy, basically all id ever owned, but I just got bored with the F150 and Im not really an ecoboost fan, not that they're bad, just dont like the idea of a turbo gas motor, too much to go wrong IMO. I love the GMC though, the fit and finish to me is better than the Ford, the body is still steel, and the 5.3 tows really well and gets 21 mpg unloaded. But like others have said, they're all good, just decide what you like and what works for you, really not much junk anymore. My next one will be a Duramax, just not sure which it itll be, the 3.0 1500, or the 6.6 2500.

6. Member
    Pick one and buy it...all of the major players are good to go

I'm a Ford man but Ram and GM both make damn nice trucks too!...i however refuse to admit how much I like my buddies ram to his face lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

7. Member
    You can also do a forscan edit to make it even more secure.

#89 called secure idle enable

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...95730/htmlview

if the engine is running but for is away from vehicle, vehicle cannot be put into any gear

8. idbefishing
    If I need to keep the engine running I’d take the key out and hit the remote start button.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234