Brand New Minn Kota Fortrex

Brought my new boat home this evening and never actually tested the trolling motor out at the dealer. The trolling motor works in constant on but not in momentary. Am I missing something, it’s a new trolling motor. Can’t take it to dealer they are 900 miles away. TIA

2. Banned
    Maybe flip the foot pedal over and see if a wire slipped off the toggle.

3. Member
    Under the push button is a reed switch. and on the push button is a magnet. the magnet must come in close proximity to the reed switch for the troll motor to work in monterey. You have to adjust the reed switch so it will run when the push button is pushed. Just take a screw driver and with the pedal heel down move the reed switch( it is the thing with the 2 small wires directly under the push button) up a little at a time until it works when the button is push and stops when the but is released. If it runs continuously without pushing the button then you moved it to far.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Under the push button is a reed switch. and on the push button is a magnet. the magnet must come in close proximity to the reed switch for the troll motor to work in monterey. You have to adjust the reed switch so it will run when the push button is pushed. Just take a screw driver and with the pedal heel down move the reed switch( it is the thing with the 2 small wires directly under the push button) up a little at a time until it works when the button is push and stops when the but is released. If it runs continuously without pushing the button then you moved it to far.
    This,but it takes a very small screw driver,a knife blade works well too.

Perfect excuse to pull it off and get a Ultrex...

^
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    Well I troubleshot it this evening down to the reed switch. Even after pulling it out and touching with the magnet the trolling motor won’t work. I checked all the wires I could under the foot but they are sealed in a electronics box. Hopefully the dealer will help me out so can fish this weekend.
    having to look at a new boat in the garage and not fishing will kill me.

8. Member
    Get hold of John Jones at Jones trolling motor as soon as possible he can tell you if it can be fixed at your house or needs to be taken to a service center,