Ranger 235V Questions

I'm looking at a pretty nice old 235v. They have removed the front side seats and its pretty much just a fishing rig now. I have 2 other boats and like piddling with older boats. I have done all the routine checks, transom, deck, hull etc... How do the these boats like to be setup? Do they like alot of setback with the jackplate? Prop to pad starting points etc. I will be putting a good running 150hp 2.0 Merc on it. From what I have read they are around a 17' boat and have a pretty decent hull. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Respect no wake zones, Evinrude guys need a place to race too ;)

My experience with the older 200 series boats was that they are very easy to lift and sensitive to engine height. Bow lift was super easy to achieve, but they didnt need a ton of it. They ran very well with just a touch of lift and a little less trim. My 230 with a 150 was very fast. If I got the engine height just a touch deep, it chine walked severly and took a lot of driver input. With the engine running a little higher they ran great. I dont remember the exact height I ran it at, but I had a worked 24 Raker on a 150 Fast Strike. It was only rated for a 140, but it ran great with the 150.
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest