Banned

Trolling motor recessed tray in Triton 1997, VT17 ... trolling motor tray possible?

I have a friend that is getting an Ultrex and wants to put a trolling motor tray in for the foot pedal. After many calls, including to Triton, he still can't find a person who can tell him if it will work or not. I thought maybe someone here might have this boat and maybe have put a trolling motor tray in one.

Putting it in isn't a problem. Not knowing what's underneath is the issue. We can't tell if there is a brace or not in the way.

Thanks
    Pfish

2. Member
    Is there a storage box in the bow he can remove to have a look underneath? Remove bow light, and push an endoscope type camera in there?

3. Member
    I put one in my 2008 vt17. No issues. There is a brace that runs from bow to stern I had to cut through. Made it a snug fit and screwed into the braces through the flange of the tray. Works great.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lx545 View Post
    I put one in my 2008 vt17. No issues. There is a brace that runs from bow to stern I had to cut through. Made it a snug fit and screwed into the braces through the flange of the tray. Works great.
    Thanks ...... I messed up. He has a 2007 :-)

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I have a 06 SP185 and I have a brace that runs right down the middle of the front deck. When I put a tray in I will have to cut the support brace so I will find a way to add support to the area.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    On mine it cut through the middle brace. I added two screws to the pan on each end. The screws will go through and tie in to the remaining brace. This really stiffened mine up and I have no extra bracing.

7. Member
    I'll try and take a picture if I can remember.
    And I'm definitely jealous of the ultrex. I want one so bad.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lx545 View Post
    I'll try and take a picture if I can remember.
    And I'm definitely jealous of the ultrex. I want one so bad.
    That would be great! Thanks

Yep the ultrex is the one piece of equipment that I can't do without.