Navionics chip issue

Need help. can't figure this out. I have a Navionics South S6 With Micro chip. I put the whole card in a HDS 9 Touch gen2 and it works fine. I put it in a HDS 9 Carbon with just micro chip and it works fine. When I put the micro chip into an HDS 9 Live it doesn't read anything. I know I have clicked on Navionics under the Chart options.
    It has to be something with the live unit as the micro chip works in Carbon unit and the whole Card works in the Gen2 unit.

Any ideas? Live unit is new and does not have latest update. Afraid to update after reading things on this site. I have friends with live and they don't have any issues with the Navionics micro chip showing lakes.

Did you try the other card reader; you have 2 reader.

3. Member
    Yeah, that’s an interesting issue. What wallyandre said would also be what I suggest. Let us know if that doesn’t work.

4. Member
    yes i tried the other card reader.
    Thanks

I do run Navionics in a Carbon and a Live w/o any issue and both cards: Platinum and Navionics+

6. Member
    Perform a Hard Reset on the Live and then reinstall the Nav chip and try again. Can't hurt if unit is brand new and you have nothing u will need to back up first.

7. Member
    yes it's a new unit but i already loaded everything from other unit on to it

8. Member
    I have the same chip and had the same problem on my live unit. My fix was reloading/updating the navionics chip on the lowrance website. The weird part was the first time I updated the chip it took 6 hours and when I saw that I knew something was wrong. After realizing it wiped the card the second update only took 20 minutes. So 6 hours to wipe it and 20 to reload everything. Me personally I think it was the lowrance site because it was sketchy.

Tip: when updating the card you have to select the unit that the card will be used in.

9. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Lowrance and Navionics are different companies....

The Navionics card is updated on the Navionics website and has nothing to do with Lowrance.