Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    You think the BBC ref analysis crew is tough, go watch youth sports........refs are quiting left and right.

They are Human, they will make mistakes. None of you could do a better job....
    Yup. Doesnt help everyone thinks they are experts in things they have no real experience with...and all the vicariously living through kids that seems to be more normal nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    If you cost a team a win with a bad call tip of your penis gets cut off, problem solved...
    Something similar, but not as extreme. What about a 3 strike rule....3 blown calls (took 3 years but NFL admitted Dez was a bad call...so that means they knew they were wrong right away) that just so blatantly and clearly effected a game....STRIKE! 3 strikes and you are let go/demoted or whatever and the next person gets a shot. One thing I will say...and hopefully this doesnt get locked for getting political...I think new blood will help. These refs end up like these career politicians just settled in their ways (a reason why they PI challenges arent working out for teams), and they know nothing is likely to change to remove them. threaten them with new blood...thatll either keep them sharp due to the threat of jobloss/demotion, or make way for better people. Theyve been bringing in younger refs that ive noticed so maybe they are working on it...but man there are lots of refs whove been doing it a long time. Competition is never a bad thing.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinningrod View Post
    Just think of all the money won or lost all because of a bad call. Makes you wonder if it's all done to cover a point spread
    it was on the player for sitting down instead of getting that last TD...but the potential was there. My buddy bet the game and got it at -4.6 and I think he said the spread was 46 or 46.5 iirc.

I dont remember the odds...but i have no idea how that ref missed that saints call last year. Im not joking...the only thing that makes sense to me is it was rigged. Either in favor of the NFL preferring McVay and big market LA in the big game.......or for gambling rooted reasons. That is the only thing that makes sense to me...no joke. No idea how that call was missable....how often do refs on the other side of the field throw PI flags, then they conference and pick it up? And no one saw that as a PI? yea...has to be rigged, in my book at least!

It’s part of the game. Every game there are bad calls and bad non calls. When the calls go against your team it just becomes more obvious. That being said, there are way to many penalties being called.

Actually the NFL did not admit the Dez incompletion was a bad call. They said it was the correct call as they were interpreting the rules at the time.

They have said that the way they were interpreting the rules at the time were ridiculous.

Still not a catch.

Immaculate Reception? Still a catch.

what ref problem? not calling the game the way you think they should?

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post
    Lots of complaints. wondering if anyone has any solutions? be interesting to hear.

we know the refs at that level are the most competent in understanding the rules, so its not like you can hire better refs. What needs to be done?
    Go back to no challenge and no booth reviews . All this crap has done nothing but calls problems. Referees are second guessing and too much pressure because of cameras. Get rid of that crap and play game.

7. Banned

you might be right!

Even though you always hold solid positions and are rarely wrong....WRONG!
    https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...-fact-catch-it

This was on the suggestions bar from the Brady video. Crazy stuff and dont remember that at all. Wow!

It's referred to as Bottlegate and I remember it like it was yesterday. The Browns have paid for that day ever since.

8. Member
    My flag would never leave my pocket in this case....
    If you cost a team a win with a bad call tip of your penis gets cut off, problem solved...

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post
    It's referred to as Bottlegate and I remember it like it was yesterday. The Browns have paid for that day ever since.
    Can you account for your whereabouts on that date, and how far can you throw a bottle?

10. Banned
    I don't watch the NFL. EZPZ

11. Member
    NHL

12. Member
    Lots of complaints. wondering if anyone has any solutions? be interesting to hear.

we know the refs at that level are the most competent in understanding the rules, so its not like you can hire better refs. What needs to be done?
    Spy in the sky with veto power over all calls. Eliminate coach's challenges.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

13. Banned
    They better do something.

Get rid of that Bozo in NY and call the BBC to settle any controversies that come up during NFL games.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

15. Member
    Best idea yet, walkabout!
    Wave Therapy

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    Spy in the sky with veto power over all calls. Eliminate coach's challenges.

I caught the tail end of a discussion similar to this this afternoon. Unfortunately I only listened to a few minutes before I had to get out of the truck. From what I gathered every game would have a “head official” for lack of a better term that is up in the booth. THis person would be responsible for reviewing plays in real time looking for mistakes. Take the game last night. All of the phantom calls. This person could radio down to the field to veto the call and pick up the flag. Same with the obvious missed calls. They could radio down, holding on 75. Now there would still be a need for time outs for further review, I’m guessing. I didn’t get time to listen to much of it but it was an interesting idea.

17. Member
    How about the players stop cheating every play?

18. Banned
    Just the tip???

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    Just the tip???
    At that point wouldn't they have already given it to one of the teams

20. Banned
    Get rid of slow motion replay. Problem solved. Lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast