Vexus Livewell Size

I was all geared up to purchase a Vexus 1980 or 2080, until I went to the dealership recently. I measured the livewells. On the diagonal, they only measure 17". Both the boater, and coangler, tubs measure the same diagonal length, at 17".

That's short.

A 2 lbr will be less than 17" long, but a 4 lb spot or a kicker largemouth will be at least 2, and possibly 3 or 4 inches longer than the diagonal dimension in the tub.

This has got me rethinking this whole thing.

Right now, I've got an older BassCat PIV. Its tub is at least 15" in one direction, 24" in another direction, and 16" deep, not to mention the massive diagonal length.

I'm worried that this Vexus tub isn't nearly big enough. Especially for BFLs and such.

I'm thinking now I may go back and purchase a newer used BCB or maybe a new Skeeter ZX200.

I really thought this the Vexus would be the last boat I buy, but now I'm sort of cold on the idea. What are your thoughts?

I have had a 19+lb bag in mine for most of the day and they were all released healthy. However, I don't fish ton of tournaments. Personally I haven't had any issues. I know quite a few guys that do fish tournaments out of a Vexus.
    If you don't get an answer here, jump over to the FB Vexus Owner Page and post there. I know you will get a lot of feedback on there from regular tournament guys. Keith D, Ryan etc all have fished a ton of tournaments out of a 1980/2080.
    Last edited by Jonesslk; 10-16-2019 at 07:26 AM.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    seems to me the last time i measured a AVX1980 live well it was 18" horizontal across the bottom of the live well and almost 20 inches diagonally ..
    of course you can remove the divider and double that horizontal measurement.

but you can't go wrong with a BCB or Skeeter, if that makes you feel better about your decision..

4. Member
    I don't even keep that divider in the boat at all. I think some states make it law to keep anglers fish separated but otherwise I don't see the point.

5. Member
    Thank you for the suggestion Jones...But I'm not on facebook! Probably the only person in the country who isnt!

This livewell thought is the only thing stopping me. I guess I should look for a demo day somewhere and take one out and see. Is there anyone on this board from NC running a Vexus who could speak to this? Maybe I'm anal about it, but I want to see a limit in the well on a Vexus.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnman View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion Jones...But I'm not on facebook! Probably the only person in the country who isnt!

This livewell thought is the only thing stopping me. I guess I should look for a demo day somewhere and take one out and see. Is there anyone on this board from NC running a Vexus who could speak to this? Maybe I'm anal about it, but I want to see a limit in the well on a Vexus.

Sent you a PM with contact information for a guy who has fished many tournaments out of his Vexus. He is in NC and can provide you with demo also.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

7. Member
    What's the biggest bag you've had in your livewell?

8. Member
    It is the only complaint my fishing buddy has with my boat. He was going to borrow my AVX1980 for some FLW tournaments on Chickamauga Lake until we tried to get 5 fish for 35lbs into the live-well. It is way too tight. He has caught 40lb limits of 5 with his partner, so he catches double digits often. He ended up fishing out of a friend’s Nitro Z20. He hated the additional gas he had to use with the V8 Mercury 4Stroke over the Evinrude G2 on my Vexus, but his partner’s 22lb bag and his 14lb bag both fit in the Nitro’s live-well. I don’t fish tournaments so it isn’t a problem for me. It is something I hope they address when/if they build an AVX 2180 bass boat.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 05-03-2020 at 12:24 PM.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

9. Member
    Yea my concern is I fish a partner tourney where it's 8 fish, and some individuals, so putting up to 10 bass, even if they are Wisconsin bass, in this livewell and having mortality issues.