Tatula Elite Long Cast Owners

Those who own one of the new Tatula Elites - how are these things for casting? How do they compare to the current Shimano MGL options?

Lately, I find myself leaving my Daiwa's at home and only taking my Shimano's with me, but I don't want to completely give up on Daiwa yet. I'm currently looking at picking up another Scorpion MGL, but this new Tatula has me intrigued.

2. Member
    I have the flip and pitch model and love it. Hoping someone will chime in on the long cast.

If it cast anything like the Tat 100 it will absolutely bomb cast , I can throw a spro frog farther than I care to with that reel. I'll be picking up a elite soon.

I've been fishing the Tatula Elite Long Cast for a while now. The distance with ease this thing produces is impressive. Daiwa did a fantastic job engineering this one for guys who want to make very long casts. Throwing a top water at schooling fish off in the distance is a blast with this one. I'm looking forward to covering a lot of water with a lipless when that bite gets going. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback on this one so far...