Ipilot Remote Mounting Ideas?

I am wondering if anyone has permanently or semi-permanently mounted their I-pilot remote in their boat near the console or rear of the boat for a co-angler to use? I am just brainstorming here, but somewhere reachable while sitting down rigging etc. Not on a belt or tether.

Also do they sell a cradle for mounting for the I-pilot remote? Not the link version. I couldn't find it.

2. Member
    You can look into the X grip mounts from RAM.

https://www.rammount.com/product-lin....google.com%2F

3. Member
    I mounted a utility bag from Lowes to the side of the boat just behind my console. It has some kind of spring load that lets it snap against the remote when I am trailering. It is also close to my 12volt plug so I can charge it on the way hpme. Now it never has to leave the boat.

4. Member
    I was thinking the same thing. Me personally I have the micro and the i-Pilot and the pedal and I use all three depending on season and number of people on boat. I looked at the ram mount but was not sure if would work. I was thinking of contacting some of the smaller guys who make kydex holsters “plastic” to make a solidmor clam shell type cradle for the remote. I like some carry a firearm and I carry in a kydex holster and it’s a solid and secure set up. Mount it to a ram mount and presto.

5. Member
    I wonder if something like this mounted just under the passenger console would work for a mostly permanent storage location that is handy to get at? My issue is it ends up in a glove box or something and can't get at it when you need it.

https://www.amazon.com/Command-885557896128-BATH16-ES-Water-Resistant-BATH16-ES/dp/B00SH2C9AC/ref=sr_1_42?keywords=cup+holder+remote&qid=1571245 524&sr=8-42

I would probably take it out if towing long distances, but for local towing, I could probably keep it in this holder. I will have to check dimensions.