Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Who controls John Gill?

2. Member
    I can’t believe nobody has blamed Boyd Duckett yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Spinning reels go, bait casters go down.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

4. Banned
    "While I was changing the custom wheels on "Steve's" (not His real name) new tow vehicle, he got to talking. Steve said that he had a 'verbal contract' that he would get paid first before the first hourly winner..."

Is this the one where Boyd Duckett bought it?

Read the day one news release on their homepage, it says hourly winners would be paid depending on tournament entries and would not be known until Sunday.

Three anglers from pools in Dumas, Fort Smith and Lake Dardanelle weighed in bass at over five pounds, and every pool has so far produced a fish surpassing the four pound mark.

The Willow Leaf Award of $1,000 will be presented to the parent/child or grandparent/grandchild pair weighing the biggest fish during the three days. The amount of hourly prizes will be determined by the number of participants for the three days and will not be announced until Sunday. Right now, Jesse Mosley leads the contest for the Willow Leaf Award with a 3.81 pound bass out of Dumas.
    Three anglers from pools in Dumas, Fort Smith and Lake Dardanelle weighed in bass at over five pounds, and every pool has so far produced a fish surpassing the four pound mark.

https://arkansasbigbass.com/2019-day...tober-11-2019/
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    Read the day one news release on their homepage, it says hourly winners would be paid depending on tournament entries and would not be known until Sunday.

The Willow Leaf Award of $1,000 will be presented to the parent/child or grandparent/grandchild pair weighing the biggest fish during the three days. The amount of hourly prizes will be determined by the number of participants for the three days and will not be announced until Sunday. Right now, Jesse Mosley leads the contest for the Willow Leaf Award with a 3.81 pound bass out of Dumas.

I agree, my issue I have with it is they knew by friday there would be no hourly payouts, announced on the radio friday, sat, and sunday, "come get some of this hourly money". Even then, one can understand that they didn't bring in enough money yada yada. But to post hourly winners on their FB page, congratulating them, then in the 2019 results make no mention of the hourly folks not getting paid, nor did the news stories mention it. Only when the social media backlash started have they now amended their 2019 announcement and the last sencence now says hourly not getting paid.

That was my whole issue with it, Do not try and act like it was a successful tournament and post your hourly winners (that won nothing).

Give them $20 each and the rules will be satisfied . Unless you are in it for fun why pay with no idea of potential winnings ?

8. Member

News releases are not rules, and you cannot change the rules as you go along. It seems to me from this statement in the Rules "The final $10,000 of guaranteed money will be place money for all five pools. Hourly prize money for first, second and third place will be the top priority to pay after guaranteed prize. The amount will be determined by the number of registrants", they would have to pay you something even if it is just $50 since it says guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfish View Post
    News releases are not rules, and you cannot change the rules as you go along. It seems to me from this statement in the Rules "The final $10,000 of guaranteed money will be place money for all five pools. Hourly prize money for first, second and third place will be the top priority to pay after guaranteed prize. The amount will be determined by the number of registrants", they would have to pay you something even if it is just $50 since it says guaranteed.
    Unless there was nothing left after the big prizes were paid.

Quote Originally Posted by docwbc View Post
    I agree, my issue I have with it is they knew by friday there would be no hourly payouts, announced on the radio friday, sat, and sunday, "come get some of this hourly money". Even then, one can understand that they didn't bring in enough money yada yada. But to post hourly winners on their FB page, congratulating them, then in the 2019 results make no mention of the hourly folks not getting paid, nor did the news stories mention it. Only when the social media backlash started have they now amended their 2019 announcement and the last sencence now says hourly not getting paid.

That was my whole issue with it, Do not try and act like it was a successful tournament and post your hourly winners (that won nothing).
    How did they know Friday when their press release said they would not know until Sunday?

11. Member
    Did this take place?
    The grand prize and other cash awards will be presented during Sunday’s award event at the Rocky City Yacht Club, which will begin at 4 p.m. at 1726 East 2nd Street in Little Rock.
    Go Gators!

How did they know Friday when their press release said they would not know until Sunday?

This tourney goes on every year, MOST participants pre pay and register, as there is a $20 extra fee to pay at a designated ramp. The tourney was supposed to be held in June but was delayed due to flooding (so they have had and held the majority of entries since then.) So, by the time the Friday of the tournament rolls around 90% of entries have been collected already, and it's this way every year. Yet they still advertised hourly payouts all during the radio event all day every day "come get some of this hourly money".

"There were 1,125 registrants, which was down 515 from last year’s 1,640. The numbers are a disappointment to all but understandable due to the obstacles faced during the tournament."
    This was the official number of entries released today after the backlash, ONLY AFTER THE BACKLASH have they officially made a statement that hourly winners will not get paid. $80 per entry fee, ($100 if you paid friday, sat, or sun), then add sponsor money, and t shirt and hat sales. Not to mention they aren't being very clear on what an "entry is". If you pre-register for all 3 days ($240) that's one entry.

Again, if it is what they said it was (down due to not enough entires, the move , etc) then why not be completely transparent about it, not give vague entry numbers, no sponsor money numbers, no numbers from sales, and then try and GLOSS OVER AND HIDE the fact they Didn't pay hourlys

Quote Originally Posted by ST8Bugging View Post
    Did this take place?
    Grand prize was given out, it was at the awards ceremony which people drove to to go pick up their hourly checks when they said they wouldn't be paying any hourly winners verbally. They didn't put it on website, no announcements etc. I didn't attend awards ceremony, so I just woke up Monday morning finding out I wasn't getting paid thru social media. I get on their website and I still see houlrly payouts listed, my pic, the congratulations on winning the hour, the press releases about 2019 payouts WITH NO MENTION OF HOURLYS NOT GETTING PAID. I literally had to call AHA to get the information I wasn't being paid. Only today this afternoon have they ammended their results with one sentence about hourlys not getting paid.

Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    or...oh wait

15. Real Deal Tungsten
    This was posted a couple hours ago by them. I agree that they "should have had and idea" beforehand, but I am sure they wanted the extra publicity during the tournament and used the excuse of not knowing. Assuming that they did only have the number of entries stated, they still paid nearly $25,000 more than what was took in from entries. It would help their cause greatly if they would be transparent with the amount of sponsor money added in, vs the cost of putting the tourney on and advertising to see real numbers of what's left. I have never fished this one, and probably won't just because of timing and other things going on with family that time of year. If they want to do any damage control, they need to be fully transparent.

Post reads from them reads:
    Reflecting on the 2019 Big Bass Bonanza
    Our year started with many hurdles as the Arkansas Hospitality Association (AHA) worked to plan the 2019 Big Bass Bonanza. With the original tournament date scheduled for June, Arkansas experienced record flooding, which required a move in the original tournament date. Promotions had already started and the AHA had already paid many expenses for the June dates. Billboards had to be changed; advertising had to be stopped and started; brochures had to be reprinted. On and on.
    Our team carefully looked at the dates to reschedule. Because many of the pools and weigh in areas had extensive damage from flooding, and to allow time for the Corps. to make the needed repairs, October was the optimal time for rescheduling. Promotion of the new date was released and advertising began again.
    Thank you to all our weighmasters for advising us through the unforeseen weather event. Who would imagine our October tournament dates would bring torrential downpour causing high water, high wind, and advisories and dense fog. In addition to the weather, the event competed against several other major events. The first day of deer hunting season, the Arkansas State Fair, Harvest Fest, high school and college football were all happening on the same dates.
    These obstacles created the perfect storm for the 2019 tournament not having the usual numbers of registrants. There were 1,125 registrants, which was down 515 from last year’s 1,640. The numbers are a disappointment to all but understandable due to the obstacles faced during the tournament. Hourly money is based on participation and will not be paid this year.
    The tournament is paying only the $100,000 guaranteed money, the hat and t-shirt bonus totaling $13,400, Willow Leaf $1,000 award, youth prizes and of course, the boat, trailer and motor which was generously donated..
    Big Bass is proud to award the following:
    • $50,000 to the Overall winner
    • $10,000 each to the remaining Four (4) First Place Pool winners
    • $900 each to five (5) Second Place Pool winners 4500
    • $700 each to five (5) Third Place Pool winners 3500
    • $450 each to five (5) Fourth Place Pool winners 2250
    • $1,000 Willow Leaf Award
    • $13,400 Shirt & Hat Bonus Money
    • Presentations to our Youth Division winners
    • 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in the 6-8 grade division
    • 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in the 9-12 grade division
    • Totaling $114,650 in Grand Prize Money!
    And last but not least, Mr. Lev Bradford of Bradford Marine and ATV gave away a Bass Tracker Pro160 Package, which included the Bass Tracker Pro160 boat, a Mercury motor and a Tracker Trailstar trailer, to one lucky fisherman. Every registered fisherman in the 2019 tournament was automatically entered for a chance to win.
    Thank you to Rock City Yacht Club for hosting and providing the entertainment during the final award event.
    “Thank you, loyal fishermen and fisherwomen, for your patience, loyalty and support. You are the reason why we are here - 30 years and counting.” stated Montine McNulty.
    * Hourly money is based on participation and will not be paid this year
    ** Tournament sponsors are not responsible for organizing the Big Bass Bonanza or funding and awarding of prize money

16. Member
    The fact that they are still posting and trying to explain things two days after the tournament is over, says a lot.

I can remember when the US Open was held by US Bass (before WON Bass) and the winner's $50,000.00 check bounced... Wasn't a good time. LOL

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

I have fished this for the last 5 years, but had decided by Saturday that this was my last year.
    I wonder why Simmons Bank does not make up the difference so they can have Guaranteed payout’s. In the overall scheme, it is a relatively small amount of money when compared to their advertising budget.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

19. Member
    Glad I didn’t fish this year!

20. robdy72
    Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast