Thread: Power Poles

Power Poles

I was wondering if anyone has put power poles on the there cobras? I'm kicking around the idea of putting some on my 190. If so any pics of the set up where the pumps would be mounted would be great.
    Thanks
    "2000 Cobra 190DC, 2017 200 ProXs"

I haven't on mine, it's a 201 but I believe the battery compartment area is the same space. With the limited space in the battery compartment I would not want to install power poles. However, if I did I would just have to know anytime I needed to work on bilge pumps, change out batteries, maybe even replace fuel line, I would have to remove one if not both pumps before being able to do the other work. Love the boat, hate the limted space and accessibility of the battery/bilge compartment. Next boat will hopefully be a good clean used Legend. I like the size of the access hatch and the fact that you can open one side while sitting or kneeling on the other side. Cobra could have easily done this, just didn't think of it I guess.

3. Member
    Thanks for input. Now that I think about what you have said it would be a pain...

4. Member
    The battery compartment is really tight on my 201D, 4 batteries, big charger, oil tank. Decided to go with two Talon's after having to change out all my livewell hoses and actuators under the batteries. Boat porpoises too much now and I am wondering if the Talon's pushed the weight limit on the stern a little to far. Now I am thinking of moving some of batteries forward at some point. The shallow water anchors really help me catch more fish but just as important sure make a lot of situations on the water more relaxing in the wind and current. Good luck

5. Member
    Thanks for the input Mac..

6. Banned
    I took my pre-mix oil out.. Have a lot of room

I put two on mine. Took the starting battery and put it in the compartment behind the drivers seat. Then installed the pumps in the vacated area.