Solix voltage issues

Solix 10 at front of boat reading 12.2v and Solix 12 at console reading 11.2v or so without motor running. After awhile 12 drops below 11v and 10 remains at 12v. When cranking motor 12 cuts off then back on and 10 stays on.

Finders wired to buss block direct connect to battery. Nothing else to block. Battery is perfect. Any thoughts as why I am getting a volt or more difference?

2. Member
    How large is the battery? I had 3 different cranking batteries trying to fix the same problem. I wound up with the North Star X2 before I got it solved.

Quote Originally Posted by jheath View Post
    Solix 10 at front of boat reading 12.2v and Solix 12 at console reading 11.2v or so without motor running. After awhile 12 drops below 11v and 10 remains at 12v. When cranking motor 12 cuts off then back on and 10 stays on.

Finders wired to buss block direct connect to battery. Nothing else to block. Battery is perfect. Any thoughts as why I am getting a volt or more difference?
    What size wire to the buss and what size wire connected to the unit power cords?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    You have a faulty connection somewhere it sounds. Try moving the circuit to a different location fuse location on the block.