Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    What about the livewell? It looks like it could be small for 2 people with 5 fish each. I haven't seen one in person though.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronhuntfish View Post
    What about the livewell? It looks like it could be small for 2 people with 5 fish each. I haven't seen one in person though.
    I don’t know the gallon size, but it is plenty big. It’s larger than I had on a prior Ranger and smaller volume wise than the triangular wells on a Basscat. I’ve never had any issues with dead fish. The operation of it is pretty simplistic but it works well.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kybluediver View Post
    I don't know what others paid for theirs but mine came in waaaaaaay lower than the 88/100 price that is getting thrown around. It was at least 20k less than a similar length glass bass boat equipped the same.
    88,000 CDN is about $67,700 US today. Probably close with poles and electronics. I've heard 2075 is usually +10k more. I bought my 1875 with 100 hours on the G2. Couldn't be happier with the ride, it fishes great, and it didn't cost anywhere near 68K.

4. Member
    Good quality value boat. Just can't sell quality riveted in a bass boat, in bass boat south. But can sell junk welded

5. Member
    I've owned a 2075 ProVBass XS for two seasons and have fished primarily on Lake St Clair so this boat has seen VERY rough water. Here are my thoughts:

Speed: I've hit a rounded 62mph once, but generally it tops out just over 60. The boat is happy cruising in the the upper 40s to mid 50s. It has excellent hole shot and midrange punch. The 250 Verado provides responsive performance.

Ride: Very smooth, especially in waves. This is an easy boat to drive and handles rough water extremely well. It doesn't have the hard smack or pounding I've experience in other glass bass boats. It is a drive ride running into the waves. HOWEVER, when you are running in the nasty stuff the ride can be very wet once the wind and waves are perpendicular or behind you. Ii is a very safe hull as the natural running attitude is bow up. I've never even come close to spearing a wave even when running across St Clair in heavy East wind and waves. The locals will know what this means.

Storage: Cavernous, and dry. I've been very pleased with the overall storage of the boat. To bad they couldn't put all the batteries in the floor similar to the Ranger FS series.

Issues: I'm happy to report I have not had one problem with the boat or motor in two years of ownership that required a dealer visit or service. I did have an issue with the Ulterra footpedal which required replacement, but again that isn't Lund's fault. I've experienced a few screws walking loose on the floor / console area, Not a big deal I just tightened them back down.

Layout: I love the boat layout of the front and back decks. I would never return to a traditional bass boat after having the XS seating layout.

Front Deck: I learned a tip on this board. I don't use the factory rod tie downs at the bow, rather I added another pair a couple feet toward the stern. Now if I want I can comfortably set 8 rods (7' or longer) on the front deck behind were I'm standing. It has a large front deck. I really like the gap between the console so you can safely tuck the rod tips in out of the way.

Trailer: Marginal, looks good though and gets the job done. I have had two trailer issues: one blown tire (Thank you Michigan Dept of Transportation / Gretchen) and the starboard bunks came loose. Be sure to check the bolts holding the bunks on the trailer as mine were relatively loose on both sides. I haven't had a problem since I tightened everything up. This is the easiest boat to load / unload that I have ever owned.

Overall this is a stellar bass boat. It will EASILY handle weather on any inland lake and does very well on the big water (can run wet sometimes depending on the wind and wave conditions). Note it is bone dry on inland lakes in my experience regardless of weather. The big water is always a different animal as St Clair is no ordinary lake; she can turn nasty rather quickly. This boat won't hold a kicker motor so it has the trolling limitation compared to a traditional multi-species rig.

I hope this is helpful.
    Chris

6. Member
    I have spent a lot of time prepping my 1875 XS for its first use.
    My observation and solution: The front deck post base is located
    only for a standup fisherman, w/a butt seat or none at all. Its to
    close to the front w/o sufficient leg or foot pedal room. I installed
    an extra post base 10" rearward in the rod locker lid, that required
    necessary support so as not to damage the lid.
    The rear deck on the XS model is too narrow, front to rear. I replaced the
    rear ski pole mount w/a standard fishing seat base. The rear seat user
    is going to be cramped for space because of the closeness of the motor.
    In road transit the rear seat will have to be removed, if not it will damage the motor
    cowl. Solution remove the seat, place it on either side of the post in the vacant
    base. The problem this creates, the lid on the side that's in use cannot
    be opened because the seat overhangs the lid. I think I am correct that
    regardless of the hull model chosen the XS models have the same deck
    measurements and seat placements. My evaluation, of these seating features
    is that no consideration was given for the seated fisherman in the design of
    these boats, and thats a shame. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

7. Banned
    I think on my 2175 pro v, its tough to open a rear compartment with the bill dance seat installed but really its rare I have a seat in there anyways.

8. Member
    I have a Ranger 178vs and my partner has Pro V bass 1875.

Lund

Cons
    - Console is cheap plastic
    - Trailer is cheap
    - Price $$$
    - Warranty and customer service ( research Lund transom rot (Pro V bass has composite transom))

Pros
    - high resale value
    - Smooth ride
    - Large storage
    - XS model has 4 seats for the Family

Fit and finish wont compare to a Ranger.

Take a look at the 2020 Crestliner 1850 Bass hawk with the new fiberglass console. Rivet vs welded hulls

9. Member
    How bout the jump seats, in the 1875 are these actually functional for passenger with leg room?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    How bout the jump seats, in the 1875 are these actually functional for passenger with leg room?
    The jump seats arent all that comfortable if you was going to ride any distance, but good
    enough for running between spots. Plenty of leg room. I am going to remove the passenger seat and pedestal
    to gain a lot of floor space. My trips are short, with or W/O a passenger. I have installed a drivers seat pedestal
    w/2" of added height that makes getting up much easier. When you get older and not quite so agile, you
    will understand why little changes mean a lot. LDS

UHD 93SV at the console.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by supra360 View Post
    I have a Ranger 178vs and my partner has Pro V bass 1875.

Lund

Cons
    - Console is cheap plastic
    - Trailer is cheap
    - Price $$$
    - Warranty and customer service ( research Lund transom rot (Pro V bass has composite transom))

Pros
    - high resale value
    - Smooth ride
    - Large storage
    - XS model has 4 seats for the Family

Fit and finish wont compare to a Ranger.

Take a look at the 2020 Crestliner 1850 Bass hawk with the new fiberglass console. Rivet vs welded hulls
    Console is fiberglass on the lund with a composite type material where the gauges and switches are. Which trailer does he have? It is a shorelandr but its the top of the line shorelandr I think they are nice. Mag wheels, swing tongue, led lights, diamond plate fenders,etc.

12. Member
    Geez I didnt think they looked cheap when I looked them over. My triton is loaded with plastic that discolors when it rains. I thought the Lund was a really nice setup, with three kids the XS layout is ideal, was just thinking the 1875 might be tight

13. Member
    I cant vouch for any of the other yr models, but there isnt anything
    on the 2020 that looks cheap or anything but first class workmanship.
    The best Shorelander doesnt do this hull justice. Thats the reason
    I went w/the Heritage brand. One trip to the water, the boat reloaded
    as easy as any I have ever owned. Just sayin. LDS

UHD 93SV at the console.

14. Member
    How does the 2075 do in the wind with the trolling motor down. I'm in a glass Triton now but thinking about switching to a high-end aluminum rig next like a Lund or Seaark, etc.. I spider rig out of the front here in MS for crappie mostly and pull crankbaits so we spend a ton of time trolling with the TM. I wasn't sure if the wind pushes the bow around a lot on these. We don't have many Lunds down here at all but I've always heard great things about them.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JMBrewer View Post
    How does the 2075 do in the wind with the trolling motor down. I'm in a glass Triton now but thinking about switching to a high-end aluminum rig next like a Lund or Seaark, etc.. I spider rig out of the front here in MS for crappie mostly and pull crankbaits so we spend a ton of time trolling with the TM. I wasn't sure if the wind pushes the bow around a lot on these. We don't have many Lunds down here at all but I've always heard great things about them.
    I dont have one, but I have the larger 2175 pro v. Even with the windshield I dont think it gets blown around much. Granted I have nothing to compare to but I keep it where I want to just fine with my 112 ulterra.

16. Member

i have the 2075. The boat tracks extremely well on the troller, and in fact I think it moves less in the wind due to the long centerline keel that is in the water. It does, however, require more thrust on the motor to move it around compared to more traditional bass boats. It will fish just as shallow as any other bass boat.

17. Member
    JM if you are considering one of these boats for double seating on the front deck
    there would have to be some major changes to the front deck.
    As in my earlier post: I installed another seat base 10" rearward
    because of lack of front deck room. That would be an absolute or maybe even
    more to accommodate pole holders. The two extra seat post bases would
    have to be installed in the storage box lids, right and left of center. With
    proper support, I believe this could be done w/o damage to the lids.
    These boats in their original design are for stand up fishing. LDS

UHD 93SV at the console.

18. Member
    That good info to know. Thanks for that. That's one of the things that has me looking at one of those Seaark's too. The back of those Lund's do look like they would work out perfect for pulling cranks out the back for crappie though

19. Member
    I notice the the Lund seems to really hold it's resale value better compared to most other aluminum rigs

20. Member
    That good info to know. Thanks for that. That's one of the things that has me looking at one of those Seaark's too. The back of those Lund's do look like they would work out perfect for pulling cranks out the back for crappie though
    The rear seat bases may be good for mounting trolling rod holders,
    or maybe for actual 2 passenger fishing.
    As far as resale value, all boats are worth a lot more until you
    get ready to sell your own. LDS

UHD 93SV at the console.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast