Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lund Pro V bass 1875 & 2075 Honest reviews from current owners.

I would like some honest reviews (Good and the bad) from current owners of the Lund Pro V Bass owners. I recently sold my primary boat, which was a Ranger 519 and I now have a super nice custom heavy duty 2072 catfish / crappie aluminum boat, but my current aluminum boat is lacking storage and a good rod locker and I hate having to take my tackle out of the boat every time I put the boat in storage. I think I'm going to sale my aluminum boat and just have one boat.

I really like dry storage and I'm sort of spoiled with owning a Ranger, since it was always bone dry even in a good spring rain.

I like how the Ranger rode and fished, but I think I want to stay with another aluminum, but I haven't ruled out another fiberglass and I've been eyeing a Bass Cat or maybe another Ranger, but I don't really want to do $60K on a boat and I want to stay with a single axle trailer in my garage, since I need to swing the front of the boat for extra storage and it is next impossible to do with a tandem trailer.

On the aluminum boats that I like the most it probably would be the Lund Pro V Bass 1875 or the 2075 or the new Sea Ark BC 210 or 190.

Do you think I would be disappointed in the Lund coming out of Ranger 519? Speed isn't that big of a deal to me and if I'm close to 60MPH that is totally fast enough for me, since I usually only cruise around 40MPH most of the time.

Here are some of the things that worry me on the Lund. The sides are only .80", which I think is thin and I do fish in stickups, so I wonder how easy it is to dent /ding the sides on the Lund? My current aluminum boat is made out of all .190" aluminum, so its basically a tank.

I've read on here that current Lund owners weren't too happy with the Lund trailer and they said it was difficult to load the boat on the trailer. Is this true and how is your trailer holding up after a few years. I don't think anyone makes a better trailer that a Ranger Trail, so a good trailer is important to me, since I will be launching by myself a lot.

How dry is the storage on a rainy fishing day?

I thought the Ranger had a good ride, but it wasn't great by any means in any type of boat traffic, so would you say the Lund ride would be equivalent to the Lund?

I've read some folks on here said the ride was wet depending on the wind position when riding in the Lund. How dry of a ride would you say you get with the Lund.

Another thing I've read that worries me with the Lund is some owners have said there customer service was lacking. I know I've read on here and some other forums that some guys have had issues with the paint and they were difficult to work with on trying to resolve.

Basically, give me the GOOD and BAD on owning the Lund Pro V Bass and would you buy another one in the future or would you go back to fiberglass.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crappielabrador View Post
    I would like some honest reviews (Good and the bad) from current owners of the Lund Pro V Bass owners. I recently sold my primary boat, which was a Ranger 519 and I now have a super nice custom heavy duty 2072 catfish / crappie aluminum boat, but my current aluminum boat is lacking storage and a good rod locker and I hate having to take my tackle out of the boat every time I put the boat in storage. I think I'm going to sale my aluminum boat and just have one boat.

I really like dry storage and I'm sort of spoiled with owning a Ranger, since it was always bone dry even in a good spring rain.

I like how the Ranger rode and fished, but I think I want to stay with another aluminum, but I haven't ruled out another fiberglass and I've been eyeing a Bass Cat or maybe another Ranger, but I don't really want to do $60K on a boat and I want to stay with a single axle trailer in my garage, since I need to swing the front of the boat for extra storage and it is next impossible to do with a tandem trailer.

On the aluminum boats that I like the most it probably would be the Lund Pro V Bass 1875 or the 2075 or the new Sea Ark BC 210 or 190.

Do you think I would be disappointed in the Lund coming out of Ranger 519? Speed isn't that big of a deal to me and if I'm close to 60MPH that is totally fast enough for me, since I usually only cruise around 40MPH most of the time.

Here are some of the things that worry me on the Lund. The sides are only .80", which I think is thin and I do fish in stickups, so I wonder how easy it is to dent /ding the sides on the Lund? My current aluminum boat is made out of all .190" aluminum, so its basically a tank.

I've read on here that current Lund owners weren't too happy with the Lund trailer and they said it was difficult to load the boat on the trailer. Is this true and how is your trailer holding up after a few years. I don't think anyone makes a better trailer that a Ranger Trail, so a good trailer is important to me, since I will be launching by myself a lot.

How dry is the storage on a rainy fishing day?

I thought the Ranger had a good ride, but it wasn't great by any means in any type of boat traffic, so would you say the Lund ride would be equivalent to the Lund?

I've read some folks on here said the ride was wet depending on the wind position when riding in the Lund. How dry of a ride would you say you get with the Lund.

Another thing I've read that worries me with the Lund is some owners have said there customer service was lacking. I know I've read on here and some other forums that some guys have had issues with the paint and they were difficult to work with on trying to resolve.

Basically, give me the GOOD and BAD on owning the Lund Pro V Bass and would you buy another one in the future or would you go back to fiberglass.
    Lund 2075 XS owner here. Comments below based on that boat.

Speed - about the same as your Ranger. Will run on plane at around 18. You will have literally twice as much storage, if not more. Front deck much bigger.

Sides - it does have a slight tendency to ding. Slight. It has a spray rail on the bottom of the side that prevents a lot of contact with the side of the boat. It scratches very easily and is hard to keep looking new.

Trailer - not the greatest. But not the worst. Tows fine. The bunks are just junk and will break in 2 years. Loads fine if you don’t put the trailer in deep.

Storage - mine has been bone dry. Others have had some water from the front area. Mine are fine.

Ride - vastly better than your Ranger. Not even remotely close. Will handle much much bigger water without the nose stuffing. This is the main reason to own it. I had your boat and a big Basscat previously. No comparison not even the same league.

Wet ride - the Lund is not a dry ride. The hull engages the wave very forward and shoots the water up in the air, not low and away like fiberglass boats. It generates a TON of spray. It is my only real complaint about the boat. Awesome ride but it will soak you. It needs a better windshield in my opinion.

Customer Service - not the greatest. My main issue is that the factory is a long ways away and no one else can fix a rivet issue. They need service centers scattered around the country for minor warranty repairs.

Ive debated whether to go back to glass. It’s a good question. I’d struggle to give up the ride. It’s just heads above my other boats, and I never feel like it’s too rough to cross the lake. I have no fear in this boat. It fishes really great - stable, more storage than any boat on the market, drafts the same as other fiberglass boats. Livewells are basic but work great.

As far as craftsmanship, I think the top cap is not what it should be. The hull is a Cadillac but the top cap fit and finish is Tracker. They really cut a lot of corners on materials in the console and finish that make it not as good of a boat overall as the hulll is. If I got another big aluminum I’d probably look at Gator Trax just because the finish may be better. Pretty much all major fiberglass bass boats will be much, much nicer fit and finish than the Lund. Lund needs to fix this to compete. Part of the aluminum bass boat culture seems to be acceptance of crappy finishes - cheap latches, etc. Lund should be better.

Overall it’s a great fishing platform that does big water smoother than pretty much everything else on the market. If you fish only small water or need to go super fast, look at fiberglass.

3. Member
    I've owned my 1875 Bass for 2 wks. It hasnt left the garage.
    In the slow process of rigging TM and electronics. Waiting on
    parts as I type. The only thing I can comment on is what I
    see. Everything about this boat spells quality, both in materials
    and construction. This boat is built like a tank. Every screw in
    this boat that is accessible from the back side has a nylon lock nut.
    As far as my trailer, I chose a Heritage, there again because of quality
    and Appearance. Whats the point of having a nice looking boat
    and hauling it on a not so good looking trailer. I have never ridden in a Lund
    but their reputation as a rough water boat is well known. I expect to find
    the same. This hull like any that is made for rough water, can be over driven
    for the conditions, and will get you wet. I just got out of a TV18 Tracker,
    and its ride was extremely good. I expect my new boat to surpass that.
    At my age this is my last boat, I believe even before I get the bottom wet,
    I have made the right choice.
    I'll make this offer to anyone who is in driving distance of western Ky who is just curious
    or seriously considering a purchase, and would like to take a ride, send me a PM and
    I will accommodate you. LDS
    Last edited by Great Scott; 10-15-2019 at 09:06 AM.
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

4. Member
    I can agree with most things that Blakesfav wrote. The ride is really good. I fish a lot of big water and have never felt unsafe in this boat. My co-anglers are always amazed at how well the boat rides. The ride can be wet depending on the wind. The big flat sides of the boat deflect water up into the air which gets caught by the wind. Speed wise i’m seeing 61mph loaded in my 2075 with new Pro XS. Unfortunately the fit and finish is not great. There are certain areas of the boat that make me wonder what Lund was thinking when designing/building this boat. The paint is also not as durable as it should. Overall it is still a great boat that is much more versatile than a glass bass boat!

5. Banned
    The AWS system does a good job of channeling water away on the front deck, but the latches will leak, at least mine do anyways. I don't think you can beat the ride of a Lund.

6. Member
    Have seen a few in person, seem like a great platform to fish from. Fit and finish seems on par with my Triton glass. Just had twins so the next boat I purchase will be the Pro V Bass or something identical.

7. Member
    The BC 210 needs to be considered. Heard maybe a upper 60s MPH boat. Front deck is big and wide for 2 anglers and a Lives scope. Fit and finish they say is not bad. Should ride smooth due to size. Crappie guys seem to like it at the Hot Springs Crappie Expo. Maybe they will catch on. Price was not bad for a boat with a 250 compared to glass.

Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    The BC 210 needs to be considered. Heard maybe a upper 60s MPH boat. Front deck is big and wide for 2 anglers and a Lives scope. Fit and finish they say is not bad. Should ride smooth due to size. Crappie guys seem to like it at the Hot Springs Crappie Expo. Maybe they will catch on. Price was not bad for a boat with a 250 compared to glass.
    It cost more than some 20/21 foot bass boats. I have priced them out. Was a serious buyer with the 210. Just couldn't pull the trigger when the price tag hoovered around 70k when equipped.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    It cost more than some 20/21 foot bass boats. I have priced them out. Was a serious buyer with the 210. Just couldn't pull the trigger when the price tag hoovered around 70k when equipped.
    Just got off the phone with Sea Ark Re. That he says with 200 loaded well equiped upper 40s. With 250 mid 50s. Speed with 200 60 MPH. With 250 upper 60s. And rides well. To the OP if you are about to pull the trigger PM me and I will give you the Reps number He may be more help.

10. Member
    [QUOTE=texoma;10587889]Just got off the phone with Sea Ark Rep. He says with 200 loaded well optioned upper 40s. With 250 mid 50s. Speed with 200 60 MPH. With 250 upper 60s. And rides well. To the OP if you are about to pull the trigger PM me and I will give you the Reps number He may be more help.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Lund 2075 XS owner here. Comments below based on that boat.

Speed - about the same as your Ranger. Will run on plane at around 18. You will have literally twice as much storage, if not more. Front deck much bigger.

Sides - it does have a slight tendency to ding. Slight. It has a spray rail on the bottom of the side that prevents a lot of contact with the side of the boat. It scratches very easily and is hard to keep looking new.

Trailer - not the greatest. But not the worst. Tows fine. The bunks are just junk and will break in 2 years. Loads fine if you don’t put the trailer in deep.

Storage - mine has been bone dry. Others have had some water from the front area. Mine are fine.

Ride - vastly better than your Ranger. Not even remotely close. Will handle much much bigger water without the nose stuffing. This is the main reason to own it. I had your boat and a big Basscat previously. No comparison not even the same league.

Wet ride - the Lund is not a dry ride. The hull engages the wave very forward and shoots the water up in the air, not low and away like fiberglass boats. It generates a TON of spray. It is my only real complaint about the boat. Awesome ride but it will soak you. It needs a better windshield in my opinion.

Customer Service - not the greatest. My main issue is that the factory is a long ways away and no one else can fix a rivet issue. They need service centers scattered around the country for minor warranty repairs.

Ive debated whether to go back to glass. It’s a good question. I’d struggle to give up the ride. It’s just heads above my other boats, and I never feel like it’s too rough to cross the lake. I have no fear in this boat. It fishes really great - stable, more storage than any boat on the market, drafts the same as other fiberglass boats. Livewells are basic but work great.

As far as craftsmanship, I think the top cap is not what it should be. The hull is a Cadillac but the top cap fit and finish is Tracker. They really cut a lot of corners on materials in the console and finish that make it not as good of a boat overall as the hulll is. If I got another big aluminum I’d probably look at Gator Trax just because the finish may be better. Pretty much all major fiberglass bass boats will be much, much nicer fit and finish than the Lund. Lund needs to fix this to compete. Part of the aluminum bass boat culture seems to be acceptance of crappy finishes - cheap latches, etc. Lund should be better.

Overall it’s a great fishing platform that does big water smoother than pretty much everything else on the market. If you fish only small water or need to go super fast, look at fiberglass.

This is exactly what I wanted to read and I REALLY appreciate all the great insightful responses. I did notice that the trailer did look cheap on the Lund and knowing that it has a really wet ride makes me wonder if this would be a good choice, since I want a good dry ride.

12. Member
    [QUOTE=texoma;10587894]
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    Just got off the phone with Sea Ark Rep. He says with 200 loaded well optioned upper 40s. With 250 mid 50s. Speed with 200 60 MPH. With 250 upper 60s. And rides well. To the OP if you are about to pull the trigger PM me and I will give you the Reps number He may be more help.
    Tex, I talked to them at the Bassmaster classic on the boat and they said the same a basic BC210 with a 250 Suzuki would be in the 48K range. This was a super basic boat. I've owned a Sea Ark V Cat 2072 (15 degree hull) and it rode awesome and was a dry ride, but it didn't have any dry storage or a rod locker. Sea Ark makes a great boat and I've owned a few, but I asked them how the BC210 would compare to the Sea Ark V Cat and they told me it wouldn't ride as nice, since the BC series was a 10* hull. I know a friend had a Sea Ark with not much V in the hull and it rode terrible and you could feel every wave. I think his had a 6 degree hull.

I figured the Sea Ark BC boats would be more popular, but I've never read any first hand info from real owners, so I will stay on the sidelines until more real info is released from first hand buyers. I do know that they put WAY TOO many cup holders in the BC 210 series. Why would you need that many cup holders in the boat? They look like a tripping hazard to me.

13. Member
    The Lund is great. Sold them for years. Don't worry about the rivets. The will not fail.

14. Member
    As I previously said I have not ridden in my Lund as of yet. But I do have a lot of
    on the water experience in a number of boats, some personal and some as Patrol boats.
    I Retired from the Dept of F&W/Ky water patrol. My last patrol boat was a 20ft salt water
    Hydra Sport. It would handle any water condition that Barkey Lake could produce. Many times
    I over drove the water condition just to prove the hull would handle it. I think this parallels what
    owners are saying about Lund. The hull will handle the rough stuff, but when you run to fast,
    for the conditions this creates spray that the wind pushes into the boat and gets you wet. I
    am hoping this is the problem, because I dont wont to ride wet when its not my fault.
    Any hull will produce spray in rough conditions even at a slow speed. If the condition of the wind is
    straight on, and you are quartering the waves, you are going to get wet w/ any
    brand of boat.
    As far as fit and finish, and I'm a stickler for detail, I couldn't ask for anything to be any better.
    As far as durability of the paint, that will only be known when I get an OH-SHI??? as to
    how much it took to make it happen. Docks have caused me grief on other boats. I tend to stay away from them. Scratches on the keel from pulling up on the ramp are not as noticeable as
    ones on the gunwale or side. Docks are not your friend. LDS
    Last edited by Great Scott; 10-18-2019 at 08:52 PM.
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crappielabrador View Post
    This is exactly what I wanted to read and I REALLY appreciate all the great insightful responses. I did notice that the trailer did look cheap on the Lund and knowing that it has a really wet ride makes me wonder if this would be a good choice, since I want a good dry ride.
    I would suggest you get in one and drive it in really bad conditions. I’ll try stupid stuff in this boat. As noted by Larry above, if you’re quartering you will get wet in all boats. The Lund will be wetter than most since it kicks the spray way up in the air. That said, usually when I’m getting a soaking, I would have been home in any other boat I’ve owned. This boat will get you just about anywhere safe and not beat up. There’s compromises in every boat.

16. Member
    I've fished out of my 1875 xs for two summers now, I came out of a 14ft jonboat so it was a huge upgrade. I've never had a glass boat so can't compare to that but it's been a great rig. Advantages-runs big water good and also works great in shallow water. With the xs it also pulls duty as a family boat a couple times a summer. Can hold a ton of stuff. Gets lots of compliments. Disadvantages, as stated before you may get a little damp quartering waves, rear storage not dry. All in all a great boat, I wouldn't hesitate to get the same boat again.

17. Banned
    I know a few guys here in Ontario that run them. Very nice looking boat I would definitely run one. The only draw backs from the guys thar run them is #1. Speed #2 price.

If one is a serious tournament angler then speed is going to be a factor. Me personally, I'm not a serious tournament angler so it wouldn't be an issue for me. For the price (here in Canada anyway) you can get a glass model with more power. One buddy has the 1875 with 200 G2 fully loaded and he paid $88,000 cnd. I know I can get a glass rig with 225 for that price. Some goes for the 2075 loaded with 250 its over $100 grand. Again, I'd run one in a heart beat, love the xs models.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    I know a few guys here in Ontario that run them. Very nice looking boat I would definitely run one. The only draw backs from the guys thar run them is #1. Speed #2 price.

If one is a serious tournament angler then speed is going to be a factor. Me personally, I'm not a serious tournament angler so it wouldn't be an issue for me. For the price (here in Canada anyway) you can get a glass model with more power. One buddy has the 1875 with 200 G2 fully loaded and he paid $88,000 cnd. I know I can get a glass rig with 225 for that price. Some goes for the 2075 loaded with 250 its over $100 grand. Again, I'd run one in a heart beat, love the xs models.
    Speed is relative. My 2075 is my tournament rig. It does 60 tops. Last weekend I got passed by several boats for the first time in a tournament all year.

If you’re fishing big water somewhere where the wind is always blowing like it does in Texas, the boats faster than you will not be able to run like that. I just point it where I want to go and hammer it. It’s actually as fun to run 55 in some bad stuff when the others can only go 35, as it is to go 80 on a smooth lake. Just a different thrill.

I don’t mind getting passed once or twice a year on a freak day in Texas when it’s not windy, if I can avoid stuffing the nose on windy days. Or avoid getting my kidneys and spine pounded.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post

100,000 for a 20 Bass. That would be 40,000 more than the last 20 ft ProVee SE with 250 I sold in 2009. Good boats though.

20. Member
    I don't know what others paid for theirs but mine came in waaaaaaay lower than the 88/100 price that is getting thrown around. It was at least 20k less than a similar length glass bass boat equipped the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast