Thread: Hubs

Hubs

Have a 2019 zx250. Had both rear hubs replaced already from leadings. Now my front ones are starting to sling grease. Anyone else had this happen. Or maybe something that could be causing it

2. Member
    Are these the Vault hubs that come on the trailers?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keoweeskeeter View Post
    Are these the Vault hubs that come on the trailers?
    Yes they are.

4. Member
    I am on my second Skeeter and have never had a problem. Those Vaults are supposed to have like a 10 year life without doing anything to them. Has your dealer evaluated?

5. Member
    Yes they replaced back set twice. Now front ones are starting. No real answer as to why. I’m towing with a 2013 Chevy Silverado not that I think that matters.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wthunter11 View Post
    Yes they replaced back set twice. Now front ones are starting. No real answer as to why. I’m towing with a 2013 Chevy Silverado not that I think that matters.
    Not that it should matter either but are you turning the dual axle trailer tight all the time and putting stress on the tires/hubs/etc? I know with my old dual axle travel trailer jacking it real hard for tight spaces was terrible for tires and hubs.

7. Member
    None. It’s starting to get old. Basically it’s five fish one derby take back to shop to fix bearing and repeat.

8. Member
    There is obviously something out of the ordinary here. Are all trailer towing lights working properly? Have you had someone listen to the trailer while you pull it? Is there a brake controller involved? Something is putting a lot of stress on those hubs for this to happen.

9. Member
    All lights work and no brake controller. I don’t hear anything out of the ordinary.

10. Member
    I would request a new trailer. It sounds to me like the brakes are dragging causing the issues

11. Member
    Are the hubs hot after towing just a little - that would indicate brakes dragging as mentioned above. You might want to measure temperature of the hubs after a mile or so of towing, five miles, etc. and see what you get.

12. Member
    No heat. Just a made a 20 hour trip in the boat. Every stop for fuel we checked them no heat. I will carry a temp gun next trip and get an exact temp on them.

13. Member
    Any abnormal tire wire that might indicate an axle out of alignment? Something is putting a lot of stress on those hubs for this to be happening.

14. Member
    None at all

15. Member
    What does your dealer say about this? Have they talked to Skeeter?

16. Member
    First time they said oh we’ve seen it once or twice. Now there like what’s going on. I’m going to suggest that skeeter get involved. Because this is crazy. The bearing is like 10 years no maintenance. And I have friends with other model boats running vaults with zero issues.

17. Member
    I agree that Skeeter should get involved. On my second Skeeter with the Vault hubs and I trailer a lot. Have never had an issue with them.