Kerr Lake High school tournament help

I have not fished Kerr in probably 15 years. Our local high school has a tournament this weekend and was short of boat captains so I volunteered to help. Tournament is out of Occoneechee State Park. I know the lake is down. Given the warm weather, can someone help me with some general patterns? Are the fish still deeper from summer pattern or have they began to come into the pockets chasing bait yet. any information would be appreciated as I would hate to dissapoint these kids.

2. Member
    Anglers choice just fished their two day championship out of Occoneechee, you could just drop the trolling motor and work shallower from there. I captained my son for four years of HS tournaments and they had fun every time. Good luck
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

3. Banned
    If the wind is blowing good, chance the bait balls will be current driven into certain pockets/cuts better than others. Seen that pattern over the past 2 weeks. You can get a limit in less than a hour on a good point with bait fish on top water first thing. Be safe and good luck with the kids.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by howard47 View Post
    Anglers choice just fished their two day championship out of Occoneechee, you could just drop the trolling motor and work shallower from there. I captained my son for four years of HS tournaments and they had fun every time. Good luck
    not sure how much of the ramp area will be off limits. I'm sure it was enjoyable for you to watch your son. It can be tough sitting there with two young men that are not your kids.....I'm hoping to win a few brownie points with the man upstairs

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    not sure how much of the ramp area will be off limits. I'm sure it was enjoyable for you to watch your son. It can be tough sitting there with two young men that are not your kids.....I'm hoping to win a few brownie points with the man upstairs
    Just try to remember how bad you wanted someone to take you fishing at their age.