Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I remember the first bottle of Blantons I bought about 3 years ago was $80. Went to the package store Saturday and asked, they said they got one bottle in that day and it was gone at $130. The clerk told me 5 years ago it was about $40, now the distributor tells them "your getting two bottles tomorrow or your getting a case next week". In other words they don't know when or how much they'll get. Regardless Buffalo Trace for a good straight 90 proof sipping whiskey or Makers Mark 90 proof sip or splash some Coke. Dont count out Eagle Rare, it's a tad bit less "harsh" when sipping.
    Buffalo Trace is on my list to try.

Buffalo trace is kinda the go to, also like Eagle rare , knob creek, especially the 120 special reserve, bulleit rye wil also do. I don’t drink tons of it but there’s nothing better to knock the chill off or to warm up sore bones

3. Member
    BigSexy:
    Do it, if it's a little stout for sippin the try Eagle Rare, both made by the same distillery as Blantons and Pappy's.

https://www.buffalotracedistillery.c.../buffalo-trace

4. Member
    I haven't found anything I like better than Evan Williams black, especially for the price

BigSexy:
    Do it, if it's a little stout for sippin the try Eagle Rare, both made by the same distillery as Blantons and Pappy's.

https://www.buffalotracedistillery.c.../buffalo-trace
    I tried some the other day called Bib and Tucker that is a must try if you’ve never had it. I had never heard of it until the guy recommended it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I tried some the other day called Bib and Tucker that is a must try if you’ve never had it. I had never heard of it until the guy recommended it.
    I look into that.

One thing I did notice....mixed it with diet coke. Sweet, almost to sweet. Will try it again sometime and sip it with ice cubes. It is so smooth and mellow.

thanks again for all the discussion.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

8. Banned
    Good bourbon stands on it's own - no mixer needed. I gravitate to Wild Turkey and Buffalo Trace products because of the high rye mashbill.

You don't need to spend a fortune on a bottle - lots and lots of choices under 30 bucks, and several under 20.

9. Member
    These are the ones we're trying this week.
    20191007_181739.jpg
    Go Gators!

Oldest daughter has become a fan of Blantons and told me how difficult it was to find. I went to our local store and brought home 3 750ml bottles and a little 375ml. I've got her birthday and christmas gifts covered for a while.

Personally I think Elijah Craig small batch is as good as I've had. That and Four Roses single barrel.
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    Oldest daughter has become a fan of Blantons and told me how difficult it was to find. I went to our local store and brought home 3 750ml bottles and a little 375ml. I've got her birthday and christmas gifts covered for a while.

Personally I think Elijah Craig small batch is as good as I've had. That and Four Roses single barrel.
    Four Roses SB and small batch are both very good - if you get a chance to do the Bourbon Trail, it's well worth it. My only regret is that Buffalo Trace tours do not include anything other than BT or Eagle Rare. Four Roses and Wild Turkey are my favorites.

I remember the first bottle of Blantons I bought about 3 years ago was $80. Went to the package store Saturday and asked, they said they got one bottle in that day and it was gone at $130. The clerk told me 5 years ago it was about $40, now the distributor tells them "your getting two bottles tomorrow or your getting a case next week". In other words they don't know when or how much they'll get. Regardless Buffalo Trace for a good straight 90 proof sipping whiskey or Makers Mark 90 proof sip or splash some Coke. Dont count out Eagle Rare, it's a tad bit less "harsh" when sipping.
    Been trying to find Blantons to take to a friend of mine in Florida. Its $59 here and $89 in his area of Florida. The problem is he can't find and I can't find it.
    I didn't realize it was so rare.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

13. Member
    Ezra Brooks.........best economic bourbon there is.

14. Member
    Woodford Reserve.

15. Member
    Four Roses, I live less than a mile from the distillery, get it right out of the barrel

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    Gentlemen Jack is regular Jack that is filtered through a maple filter twice. At least that is what I was told by a guy who said he used to work there. They kind of indicate that in the commercial when they say "it's mellowed twice".
    Maple charcoal that is made on the grounds at the distillery and like you said, Gentleman Jack is filtered twice and the black label Jack is filtered once. IMHO, Gentleman Jack is much smoother to drink.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Buffalo Trace for me.

18. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    MB Rolland single barrel and Blantons are great sipping. I use Jim Beam black to mix with Coke Zero

I'm not a liquor drinker now of the time but I had some bulleit bourbon a while back and it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    Good bourbon stands on it's own - no mixer needed. I gravitate to Wild Turkey and Buffalo Trace products because of the high rye mashbill.

You don't need to spend a fortune on a bottle - lots and lots of choices under 30 bucks, and several under 20.
    That’s what I pay for a half gallon of old charter, 8 year old. It’s a little harsh goin down but it clears the sinuses and supplies the desired effect of alcohol.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast