1/2 Oz Silver Buddy question

I purchased a Pkge. of the 1/2 Oz Silver Buddies. Was reading an article that states to use the Duo lock snap rings provided with the bait. I bought these off Ebay/Amazon so they did not come with them. My question is, is there a certain size Duo Lock snap swivel that will fit these Silver Buddies? Holes in them are SMALL. I use primarily Power Pro 30 Lb test, and if I need a Fluoro leader, its usually 14 Lb test. Can I fish the Silver Buddy with those set ups, or should I go lighter on either one of them. Not keen on using strictly Mono or strictly Fluoro. Please let me know what works best. Baitcaster or Spinning set-up?
    Last edited by NHbassfisherman; 10-14-2019 at 02:56 PM.

2. Member
    I throw mine on spinning with 15lb braid and 10lb fluoro leader. If you know what hole you want to use, a small split ring would work. I like the Damiki Vault myself. It will usually outfish a silver buddy when I throw a bladebait.

3. Member
    #2 Duo Lock, and I always use straight 10# mono to the bait with spinning. 12# baitcasting. You don't need all that fancy crap with these baits. Get you some #4 for 1/2oz and #6 for 1/4 oz VMC split shank hooks. They are fine wire and the fish hook themselves.
    Last edited by brushsjigs; 10-15-2019 at 06:50 AM.

4. Member
    I like a baitcaster 10 or 12 lb line. Don't really need anything more than a Medium or Medium heavy, and a little bit of softness in the tip helps. Thrown them on all sorts of setups over the years. Just make sure your snap is strong enough for whatever youre fishing for and you'll be fine.
    1997 Champion 202 w/225 ProMax