Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

Question Charger's next project?

According to Puddle pirate 198, Charger announced yesterday at the Ultimate Challenge that their next splash will be a 203. ---> www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1012336

2. Banned
    Not sure I understand this one either but they been building boats a long time.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Me either, but pretty sure Kelly is driving the Champ models. Not sure how he fits in at Charger, but he obviously has some influence.

4. Banned
    I'm glad there'll be a few models I can afford in 10 years.

5. Member
    Last I heard they were considering a 223. This would make more sense to me unless they want to offer a true narrow beam hull.

6. Banned
    Yeh another 20-21' boat......sorry I just don't see the point Charger has enough 19-21 boat. Just me I would put the effort into redoing the line of boats they have and updating the old line that doesn't seem to be burning up sales anymore. Or build a 22'+ boat like Ballistic has that seems to be getting a lot of attention.

7. Member
    How about Charger build a boat that will actually run and ride good...as mentioned...similar to a 22 Ballistic or 21 10 Bullet..

Good for Charger, hope they sell a bunch of em.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbuster95 View Post
    I'm glad there'll be a few models I can afford in 10 years.

Lol, I’m still not sure I’ll be able to keep up with the inflation prices then!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    Good for Charger, hope they sell a bunch of em.
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

11. Puddlepirate198
    I don’t know if what the mans job title but he is obviously a big part of charger and at the final day weigh in Kelly had him come up and talk alittle. He just talked how he would like to see the tourney get up to 300-400 boats like years ago. He didn’t have much to say about the 203 besides that was the next boat coming out, he never mentioned how much they have left on it or when the production date would be. Myself I’m glad they’re doing it the 210 is to big for me and I wish my 198 had a 250 so this one will be just right I think. But with new boat prices someone may have to own mine before I can get it.

12. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    I think the 203 is a great idea. I also think a 181 would be a good idea as well. If they came out with a 181 built right and no corners cut I’d buy the first one made. 181’s are the perfect size for the casual fisherman and even weekend warrior. They run well, ride great, and handle great. I’d like to see it rated for a 175 though.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    I think the 203 is a great idea. I also think a 181 would be a good idea as well. If they came out with a 181 built right and no corners cut I’d buy the first one made. 181’s are the perfect size for the casual fisherman and even weekend warrior. They run well, ride great, and handle great. I’d like to see it rated for a 175 though.
    That would be my preference as well, or a 187. The 181 would compete with Cats Sabre. A Sabre with a 175 can put you back 42,000 today.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    How about Charger build a boat that will actually run and ride good...as mentioned...similar to a 22 Ballistic or 21 10 Bullet..
    You are the first person I've ever heard say that a charger doesn't ride good?!? Can you explain what it is that you don't like about the ride?

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Yeh another 20-21' boat......sorry I just don't see the point Charger has enough 19-21 boat. Just me I would put the effort into redoing the line of boats they have and updating the old line that doesn't seem to be burning up sales anymore. Or build a 22'+ boat like Ballistic has that seems to be getting a lot of attention.
    In the Charger forum, TOC thought that Charger may be getting ready to phase out the long in the tooth 5 and 6 series models and replacing them with............. Old Champion models???

I can't think of anything in history in manufacturing of any product where a company with Chargers long history starts reproducing an out of business, former competitors products and branding them as their own and then dumping their own designs.
    And the 203?
    Isn't that design like 20 years old. Yes, it was and is a great boat but recreating a model like the 203 with only a 90" beam in a market of 20' boats that are much wider seems strange unless the smaller size would allow them to drastically undercut the typical 20' boat price points by a lot of money, which may be the idea I suppose.

I guess the next would be the 18' market. A 186, 187 or 183? A 186 would be interesting as would a 187 if they can figure out how to get more storage on the 187 which I always thought was a bit lacking.

16. Banned
    Yep I saw that comment. It would be sad to see Charger become a reboot of Champion.

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    It’s alot bigger deal than just Charger building the old champions as there is a reason behind the madness.

18. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    It’s alot bigger deal than just Charger building the old champions as there is a reason behind the madness.
    Whats the reason?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    All ears please explain
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    Whats the reason?
    You can't keep a good hull down Jack. If you build it in this case I think they will come. Sales numbers may have snuffed the brand but methinks politics were in there somewhere also.

We now have a Charger 210 Elite, a Basscat/Puma 203, and now maybe a Charger 203 ? Whodathunk ?
    GETFISHED !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast