Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ^don't forget the 198

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    It’s alot bigger deal than just Charger building the old champions as there is a reason behind the madness.

Well just go ahead and tell them, it’s the Japanese market.

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    You can't keep a good hull down Jack. If you build it in this case I think they will come. Sales numbers may have snuffed the brand but methinks politics were in there somewhere also.

We now have a Charger 210 Elite, a Basscat/Puma 203, and now maybe a Charger 203 ? Whodathunk ?
    Sales numbers were not the reason for Champion's demise. Piss poor financial management was. In the case of Mtn Home bankruptcy, the management/owner blew the profits. In Tennessee, Genmar did not support the brand and also filed bankruptcy. PE changed the badge on the boats to Stratos, which was not a popular move, so PE shut them down, and put their support into their other brands.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    You are the first person I've ever heard say that a charger doesn't ride good?!? Can you explain what it is that you don't like about the ride?
    I wasnt clear. Of course Chargers ride good...With that said...I've read numerous Charger guys claim Champs ride like dirt...lmao all I can say to that. Ive owned both brands. Both ride good..

I m saying build a Charger that will actually run (high 70s/plus....tourney load/2 people/250,hp)...and ride good...

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by milligjg View Post
    All ears please explain
    Maybe Charger is going to let Kelly spin the Charge/ Champion selection off to a stand alone company, with Charger maintaining some sort of minority ownership... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Maybe Charger is going to let Kelly spin the Charge/ Champion selection off to a stand alone company, with Charger maintaining some sort of minority ownership... Dan
    This was my thinking as well. The pontoon market for them is huge and that is their main focus I believe. Let Kelly run the Bassboat section of the company and see what he can do with it. They have been doing this a long time and I'm sure they have a plan behind it.

I'm curious to see how this modern 203 will handle the heavier outboards and still retain everything that makes the Champion so great.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    In my opinion there is a market for bass boats that are just simple fishing rigs. Most people who own them don’t tournament fish and could care less if it has a 250hp outboard and can run 80 mph.

Weekend warriors don’t need that either. It’s crazy how expensive electronics have gotten. Most bass fisherman don’t use them to their full potential anyway. There is a market for simpler electronics as well.

Lots of items that drive tbe price up in bass boats are really uneeded to get on the water to catch fish. A boat with a simple layout and without all the compartments everywhere in my opinion is great.

Doesnt really have to do with chargers next boat really I guess. Lol

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Would anyone want to work for a dollar and have so much work that you can’t keep up and only make 50 cents per unit or would you charge 5 dollars and have work but make 4 times as much and only work half as hard?

10. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Would anyone want to work for a dollar and have so much work that you can’t keep up and only make 50 cents per unit or would you charge 5 dollars and have work but make 4 times as much and only work half as hard?
    thats true but if you cut that in half everyone is happy! Lol

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I understand your thinking but NONE of the beloved boat companies don’t!

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

13. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    greed is a terrible thing

14. Member
    The 203 has no place unless they can make it stable and not blow around in the wind.
    And I am true blue Champ. Otherwise make a stable 18’er that will run.

15. Member
    if you guys think boat builders are making so much money you should pool your money an start one it is not an easy business to make money in. look how many builders there was 15 years ago there gone some of them built crappy boats some built good boats but could not manage a business.

16. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    I’m a firm believer that if you build a quality product at a good price you will be successful. All of the add on “must have” items are what really drive the price up. Engines are are terribly expensive. Thanks EPA

17. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    if you guys think boat builders are making so much money you should pool your money an start one it is not an easy business to make money in. look how many builders there was 15 years ago there gone some of them built crappy boats some built good boats but could not manage a business.

They come and go. Some come and stay. There are scores of boat companies that are no longer around. Go back more than 15 years. Let’s go back to when bass boats were really coming on and see how many there were.

18. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    A lot of companies are ran into the drink by owners that make big money quick and than run.

Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    I think the 203 is a great idea. I also think a 181 would be a good idea as well. If they came out with a 181 built right and no corners cut I’d buy the first one made. 181’s are the perfect size for the casual fisherman and even weekend warrior. They run well, ride great, and handle great. I’d like to see it rated for a 175 though.
    not criticizing anyone at all but a lot of you probably remember way back when, Champion brought back the 203 for a short run. there were loads of people that said ill buy it as soon as they make it again...and it didn't happen.
    not saying you wouldn't Jack but we all know that it has been said a lot.
    personally I think Chargers are nice boats but I think they need to stick with the boats they have. personally I never understood why they don't have something similar to what Jack said with the 181 or a 187 model rated for a 175 for the normal guy. most people cant drop $60-$70-$80k on a boat.

20. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I fhought about that 203 try too, Luke. You beat me to it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast