2005 Champion 206 elite witha 250 Verado

Hey guys, recently purchased an 05 Champ w/250 Verado, it did not have a prop when I purchased the boat and thought I would ask the experts where to start. I'm thinking a 25-26 four blade? Thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

2. Member
    Either one, you need to get a baseline. I suspect it’ll pull the 26 just fine, though.
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

3. Member
    25p tempest is the best option. Should spin up to 6100-6200 rpms and 68-70ish mph. Expect closer to 68. A tune from Simon motorsports will wake that boat up very well and mid 70's will be the results.

CLOSED GAMEFISHING SEASONS IN WI HAS NO BIOLOGICAL CREEDENCE!!!

4. Member
    So I wasn't too far off... Thanks for the input guys!

Negative on those Props. I have the Same boat year and model. 24p is what you want in a four blade. Its a heavy motor and the ass sits low. I run a 24p Fury fs . Went from a Bravo one Lab finished 26p and it did not perform well.
    Chris Beverly
    2005 Champion 206 Mercury Verado 275!!!

6. Member
    Thank you for the information. I still haven't bought prop yet.

There’s a lot to this... we doubt there are very many of this combo in 2005 to 2006 year range. It just was not that popular, and less popular due to weight of the engine on some brands. It is a great engine and they are extremely durable.

Verado engines have a 6400 RPM limiter and they need to get close to that in order to develop horsepower. The Supercharger does not kick in until you reach about 3450 to 3650 RPM’s and that’s important to you. You need a smaller propeller than you think and the horsepower curve vs. torque is totally different than easy two stroke or V8 engine. The engine does not have the torque on low end (below supercharger) because it is only a 2.6 ltr. inline 6 cylinder, using the 1:75 gear ratio.

We would figure out what propeller works on a 250 Pro XS and drop at least two inches to start with. You may need to change to a different propeller and there may be need for an aftermarket wheel for maximum performance. A Fury three blade might work fine though. A Bravo would be a good option to try in a similar lower pitch, not the 26 as mentioned above.

Good luck!

8. Member
    Thanks BCB.