Thread: Oneida

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Oneida

Headed up to fish thursday, friday, saturday. Anyone been out? See some cold temps and heavy rain moving in before a warm over the weekend.

2. Member
    Heading out tomorrow. Ill try to get you some information
    2002 Basscat Sabre Merc 150 XR6
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Clarkson University had a tournament there last weekend 3 fish I believe won it if that tells you anything, many teams didnt even have a fish.

4. Member
    Just came back from a 4 day trip. To say the fish were hard to find is an understatement. Water temps in the 60's, no fish grouped up shallow. We did manage to catch some decent largemouth, but I didn't travel all the way from Philly to catch them at Oneida.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Clarkson University had a tournament there last weekend 3 fish I believe won it if that tells you anything, many teams didnt even have a fish.
    not exactly what I was hoping to here. maybe this cold rain churns em up.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woo602 View Post
    Just came back from a 4 day trip. To say the fish were hard to find is an understatement. Water temps in the 60's, no fish grouped up shallow. We did manage to catch some decent largemouth, but I didn't travel all the way from Philly to catch them at Oneida.
    I hear that, it's been a slog for a month now up there.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woo602 View Post
    With that report, looks like I'll be headed elsewhere. Hopefully it turns on at some point.
    2002 Basscat Sabre Merc 150 XR6
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by behls16 View Post
    I hear that, it's been a slog for a month now up there.
    you got that right i have never seen a worse mid september to mid october in NY.. not sure what it is, but somethings gotta give. Had a tournament sunday water temps were 60 in the morning (38 degree air temp) to 62 in the afternoon (60 degree air temp). even with these water temps fishing is crap right now.

9. Member
    Yea I was thinking about fishing one of the fall tourneys. I fished two days last week and it was some of the toughest fishing I've had there in years. Decided to call it quits on Oneida for the year and finish out the year on some other lakes.

10. Member
    It’s my last hoorah this weekend. Gonna give it hell. 50 and rain Thursday might turn them on, who knows. I’ll be on the lake regardless.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    It’s my last hoorah this weekend. Gonna give it hell. 50 and rain Thursday might turn them on, who knows. I’ll be on the lake regardless.
    let us know how you do

12. Banned

13. Member
    Water temps 54-56 today, wind blew me around like mad. Had one real bite but it was a 5lb 3oz smallie on a 110. Fattest Oneida football I’ve ever gotten.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Water temps 54-56 today, wind blew me around like mad. Had one real bite but it was a 5lb 3oz smallie on a 110. Fattest Oneida football I’ve ever gotten.
    Super Nice oneida smallie, but not sure id want to be out there all day for 1 bite even if it was a football. Guessing it hasnt gotten any better yet.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Super Nice oneida smallie, but not sure id want to be out there all day for 1 bite even if it was a football. Guessing it hasnt gotten any better yet.
    I believe you're right. Spent 7 hours out there on a glass calm beautiful day, did not boat a fish. First time I've ever been flat skunked. 15 hours in two days and one fish is some tough sledding.

16. Member
    Was out today from noon till dusk. Was tough water was around 58.5 and it blew like hell the last few days. Took me awhile but I found them after awhile. Fish were fat and beautiful just not in any place I've ever caught them this time of the year and it wasn't easy. Was dead slick so that didn't help. Definitely not the numbers I'm used to seeing but they sure are healthy.

17. Member

They sure are pretty. I'm still on the fence about the true cause of our smallmouth shortage. I still think having a post spawn cashion/bass open for 3 years straight was a lake killer. The bait is still there. The remaining fish are beautiful. Just no schools like I'm used to

18. Member
    take a look at this buffet buster. they're eating well I can tell you that but I'm convinced I ran my jerkbait into this ones head on Friday. pig.PNG

19. Member
    Well the 10 I caught today knocked slack in my line so I wouldn't be so sure you hit him in the head....int hat wind it could have been tracking it and just missed. Like I said today was dead slick so it was tough. We still have a population of beauty's out there. Maybe it's time for somebody to step up and be the voice of oneida smallmouth.

20. Member
    Anyone fish the tournament this weekend?

Yea it's tough to tell how much the population is declining. For the past few years that's what everyone says in sept/Oct but everyone is fine when they're whacking them in may/june. However with so much pressure I wonder if by this time of year, the fish orienting to the obvious smallmouth areas have been caught a time or two and their behavior have changed and they are in areas that are difficult to target/predict. It's also tough because theres not the kind of focus on maintaining and tracking the population like walleye/trout

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast