Thread: Charger 203

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    “Knock off” has the tone of implying an inferior product. I’m sure BassCat doesn’t appreciate that much less owners of the new hybrid.

2. Banned
    Far as I know BCB builds a great boat I know I liked the one I owned years ago. The pictures I have seen on here of the one hybrid looks like a awesome boat. My point was no matter what product your talking about if the orginal is modified then it's a knock off. Charger is coping Champion hulls.

Boat companies have been splashing each others hulls for years and is nothing new. Champ did it with the Skeeter Wrangler in 1976 which was a splash of the Hydrostream, to create the 86 inch beam Champs. Charger did it in the 80's with an 86 inch beam Champ, then a few years ago with the 210, 198. The 201 Stratos has been splashed multiple times over the years, Cobra/Viper, Hawk, Legend are all a splash of a 460 series Ranger. and so on and so forth. Weather it's a 100% splash or a 20% splash they're still a splash. Lots of options for everyone out there. Merica.

4. Banned
    BCB member made some great points about their hydrid. He talked about how the fulcrum point has changed on the new boats due to trolling motors that now weigh 90+lbs, guys stacking 15lb graphs up at the bow and all the tackle that anglers now carry. He said they modified their rig to adjust the new bow heavy boats, so that performance wasn’t lost. I know my old 198 sure doesn’t like being bow heavy.

Anyways, I’m not trying to derail the thread or cause angst, but the Puma Hybrid is one that I’d love to try. Sharp looking rig for sure.

5. Member
    I agree with a couple of the guys asking why another 20ft boat. They must have some people ready to buy??

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    I agree with a couple of the guys asking why another 20ft boat. They must have some people ready to buy??

Seems from looking at the facebook pages, the Japanese are their target market.

One would think they could make a few of the current Charger owners happy with a few simple updates though.

7. Member
    One would think they could make a few of the current Charger owners happy with a few simple updates though.

This was discussed too.

8. Banned
    From 19'-21' class boats Charger has the 195, 198elite, 210elite, 396, 496, 596, and 797. Adding the 203 just seems pointless to me the line up is already over loaded in my opinion which ain't worth much.

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Maybe they are just testing the waters with these new models and the 6 series maybe scraped along with the 5 series of years past.
    basically the new 210 and 198 are new models along with the new redesign 196 v mag .If they add a 203 with updated consoles and storage it’s still a newer model.If Iam seeing the future right the current charger models will be deleted from the line up.
    Is it a bad thing probably but it’s also a good one as it’s still a charger and still has the great ride of the champ and performs much like a charger.Theres things I don’t care for in the newer boats but Iam not buying a new one anytime soon as my 596 will do everything I need.

10. Member
    A 203 will be sweet.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    From 19'-21' class boats Charger has the 195, 198elite, 210elite, 396, 496, 596, and 797. Adding the 203 just seems pointless to me the line up is already over loaded in my opinion which ain't worth much.
    What % of BCB's lineup is 20ft/20+? Jag/lynx/Eyra/puma/cougar/puma hypbrid/cougar hybrid....

I feel the same way though. How about some options that are less than 50k.

12. Banned
    No clue I haven't had any interest in the BCB line of boats in years till they threw Champion in the mix which got my attention which I'm pretty sure was the goal.

As far as Chargers line up and as someone that is going to buying another boat. It's going one of two was 17'-18' under 50k or the biggest baddest widest thing on the market which would put me in a bullistic.

After seeing the heritage tracker being so successful for BPS I would think the "mean 15" at a entry level cost would probably sale more boats the just another 20' boat.
    Last edited by jarhead175; 10-16-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassbuster95 View Post
    What % of BCB's lineup is 20ft/20+? Jag/lynx/Eyra/puma/cougar/puma hypbrid/cougar hybrid....

I feel the same way though. How about some options that are less than 50k.
    That would be the Pantera Classic.

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I remember back in 2006 a new charger was 50,000 list price and I thought holy cow no way so today it’s 60 which for me no way.Even a 17 foot boat with a 150 is pushing that 35 mark and add 10 grand in electronics you may close to 40.There are so many good used boats for 25 no way would I pay 60-70 for a new one.I guess you could be smart about it and buy a new one and just sell it in 3 years that way it didn’t cost 70.Actually Hickory has some of the best deals for a new charger with low hours if you want to go with the Honda.
    Some people love new boats and can afford them which is why we have used boats to pick from and it works great for both parties.

In 2008 a new 210 listed for 51000 and that had 0 in upgrades add 10,000 in electronics and poles your at 65 real easy for todays money.Granted you could of had the 210 out the door for 45 ish pretty easy but still a lot of money.Now your getting a 4 stroke v8 instead of the 2 stroke that cost really nothing to build.
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 10-16-2019 at 10:53 AM.

15. Member
    Speaking of good used boats...... I know of a 496 that may be hitting the market soon! LOL

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Speaking of good used boats...... I know of a 496 that may be hitting the market soon! LOL
    PM me the details when you get them figured out my nephew is looking for a used Charger.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    PM me the details when you get them figured out my nephew is looking for a used Charger.

Will do.

18. Member
    If this hybrid that is out has been refined as to not be a true 203 then why are they using the CHAMPION name in the description???
    Oh I get it they are trolling for someone that sees the CHAMPION name to get there interest.I am not a boat salesman nor get any perks from any manufactures. I also do not float around on the key board trying to push what I think are the “only” boat to buy down others potential buyers throats. In other words pot stirs please do your stirring on the proper forums.If I want to talk Rangers or Chargers or Champions that’s where I go. GET IT!!!! JMO.

19. Banned
    slow down turbo....take a deep breath and reread the conversation. I think you be confused

20. TJNYSNP
    I have a 203.... i love it probably mostly because its my only 20' boat i've owned. I do love the huge rod locker storage.

But the thing is too narrow man. You put up 10 rods on the front and you feel like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs trying not to step on rod handles and rod guides. And when a huge wake comes its like you are in a canoe! :)

I would choose the 206.. .much wider....

203 is nice but :

the gas tank is directly in back and putting on power poles will put you under water....
    terrible rear storage except for a couple small Igloo cooler size boxes...
    too narrow like i said...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast