Thread: Charger 203

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mohawkman View Post
    I have a 203.... i love it probably mostly because its my only 20' boat i've owned. I do love the huge rod locker storage.

But the thing is too narrow man. You put up 10 rods on the front and you feel like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs trying not to step on rod handles and rod guides. And when a huge wake comes its like you are in a canoe! :)

I would choose the 206.. .much wider....

203 is nice but :

the gas tank is directly in back and putting on power poles will put you under water....
    terrible rear storage except for a couple small Igloo cooler size boxes...
    too narrow like i said...
    I was standing right next to a 203 owner when this was announce and he said the exact same thing.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mohawkman View Post
    I would choose the 206.. .much wider....

203 is nice but :

the gas tank is directly in back and putting on power poles will put you under water....
    The 206 with more storage and a few hull mods evolved into the 210, so that would be a duplication. I also saw on Facebook that they are looking for a 2004 203, which has the gas tank mid ship like the 198 & 210

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I have been in the 203 a few dozen times and it’s a nice boat but like said horrible side to side and no way will it carry and 4 stroke and poles on the ass.The 496 rides a lot better when it gets rough out as it has a deeper hull.I guess there’s a few guys that like it so build a few to sell is the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by POPSLAVAZ View Post
    If this hybrid that is out has been refined as to not be a true 203 then why are they using the CHAMPION name in the description???
    Oh I get it they are trolling for someone that sees the CHAMPION name to get there interest.I am not a boat salesman nor get any perks from any manufactures. I also do not float around on the key board trying to push what I think are the “only” boat to buy down others potential buyers throats. In other words pot stirs please do your stirring on the proper forums.If I want to talk Rangers or Chargers or Champions that’s where I go. GET IT!!!! JMO.
    Ain't you a peach.

5. Member
    If this hybrid that is out has been refined as to not be a true 203 then why are they using the CHAMPION name in the description???
    Oh I get it they are trolling for someone that sees the CHAMPION name to get there interest.I am not a boat salesman nor get any perks from any manufactures. I also do not float around on the key board trying to push what I think are the “only” boat to buy down others potential buyers throats. In other words pot stirs please do your stirring on the proper forums.If I want to talk Rangers or Chargers or Champions that’s where I go. GET IT!!!! JMO.

"Lighten up Francis"...

7. Banned
    Is it too soon to start the "2 weeks"?

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Way to early!

9. Banned
    Oh that was funny just trying to lighten it up

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Hell it may sink with a Honda and poles it was designed for a 225 3.0l efi never 700 plus pounds.Sorta like putting a Honda on a 195.and poles and 4 batteries .....not going to end well
    But Iam sure the charger boys will figure it out

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Hell it may sink with a Honda and poles it was designed for a 225 3.0l efi never 700 plus pounds.Sorta like putting a Honda on a 195.and poles and 4 batteries .....not going to end well
    But Iam sure the charger boys will figure it out

Thats exactly why Rick said they had to do some minor modifications with their hybrid.

12. Banned
    I just don't understand adding another 20' boat to a line up already overloaded with 20' boats but, hey good luck and I hope it works out for Charger.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Is it too soon to start the "2 weeks"?
    We could ask Mark to look in the secret room when goes down to order his new boat.
    I got nothin

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunn View Post
    We could ask Mark to look in the secret room when goes down to order his new boat.
    Mark/Mike - whatever it takes.

15. Banned
    Jerry Dunn dosen't know?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Jerry Dunn dosen't know?
    I see what you did there!

Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Mark/Mike - whatever it takes.
    I'm drunk with power!
    I got nothin

18. Member
    I cant wait to see it. I hope that they do the center rod storage like the 198 and 210. The 203 will be a very fast boat with a 250 (the old Champ 203 with a 250 is very fast...77+ GPS). I like the narrow body champs and many old Champ owners like this style so this should be a great seller.

19. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    If they are really going to do this they need to make it a rear tank model.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

Heard a rumor that Charger is desperately seeking a good condition, mid 70’s Champion 17’ pad hull boat to splash.
    Seems that whole American retro look is all the rage in Japan.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast