Dale hollow tomorrow

Anybody been fishing dale hollow in the last couple weeks? Anybody wanting to share some advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. Member
    Haven't been yet this fall, but I start looking at deeper,grassy, points and pockets, close to the creek channels this time of year. Topwater early, then swimbaits, and jigs. You can also try finding bait balls deep, and drop a spoon or underspin on them. As warm as it has been, I'd imagine they are still out deep. I'm going to give it a couple more weeks, before I make the drive up there, this year.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info, I really should fish dale hollow more often. It's just 15 minutes farther than center hill. I fish dale hollow alot in the spring but have never fished it in the fall. I have been catching a few on a spoon at center hill.

I caught 5 largemouth Saturday morning in about an hour on a spinnerbait. Probably 17lbs worth. Then the sun came out and I fished for 4 more hours with only 1 bite.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

5. Member
    I hope my luck is that good tomorrow, its supposed to be partly cloudy.

6. Member
    I know it's against most of our principles, but live bait this time of year is about the only way to get smallies, especially during daylight. The smallies are all roaming chasing alwives. Find the bait. I've had luck on bluff walls on the main lake, over grass beds and in mouth of creeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuel View Post
    I hope my luck is that good tomorrow, its supposed to be partly cloudy.
    How did you do?
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

8. Member
    Caught 3 largemouth, all on a swimbait, and 3 crappie. I've had better days and worse days lol. Im going to fish that lake more and try to learn it better. We enjoyed ourselves, it was a nice day.

9. Member
    Water temp was 75 degrees, its slowly coming down.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokyangler View Post
    I know it's against most of our principles, but live bait this time of year is about the only way to get smallies, especially during daylight. The smallies are all roaming chasing alwives. Find the bait. I've had luck on bluff walls on the main lake, over grass beds and in mouth of creeks.
    Live shiners on a 5ft ultra light rod, 4lb line and a circle hook is about as much fun as you can have
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

11. Member
    What setup do you use. Tight line or under a float

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobass01 View Post
    What setup do you use. Tight line or under a float
    I use a tight line with a small split shot. Don't set the rod down, you will lose it. Don't ask me how I know

13. Banned
    You guys try the ned rig or a blk fly on those fish?Being a great Lakes guy myself and fishing that ultra clear water,these two seem to dominate in tough conditions.FYI a new IL state record smallmouth was just caught on the ned rig recently.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    I use a tight line with a small split shot. Don't set the rod down, you will lose it. Don't ask me how I know
    Yup! Same for me. No float, split shot and hold on tight. Is Hendricks still selling minnows?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokyangler View Post
    Yup! Same for me. No float, split shot and hold on tight. Is Hendricks still selling minnows?
    Not sure. I always buy from Dale Hollow one stop

They were last year. Not sure how long through the winter they have them though.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs