Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Man speak with forked tongue!!
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

2. Member
    BPT will not be adjusting their 80 man filed to accommodate any FLW angler. You will have to qualify like everyone else.

This may work out for BASS if they're willing to expand their filed to allow the top FLW anglers an Elite spot. It's very possible a few FLW anglers will jump ship to BASS.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    It's a good business plan to create a commercial bashing weigh in tournaments and the. Host weigh in tournaments? Sorry, most customers will not believe the sh@t being shovelled or trust said organization. Then there are guys like you ;)
    If that's the only complaint you can find to dwell on i would say they are doing a good job and i still think a lot of you haters (insert friendly ribbing emoji) are really scared this format they have might just take over. Way too much anger to have for something that is nothing more than entertainment viewing for most people. Just like in a Tournament, quit worrying what the other guy is doing and you will be fine. Go fish your 5 best and discard the chaff in your life.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    It’s not the “change” that people do not like, it’s the format and constant telling us how great it is. If it was great, everyone would be watching it, period.
    LOL you really think you can get everyone to like anything ?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    for a business decision it’s good because it lets the people decide the product they want. However it’s hypocritical since the BPT main tour and the FLW tour will have MLF format. They openly bash livewells and brag about their conservation but fund tournaments who still have the 5 fish limits. It’s like If AA had ownership in Jack Daniels. Openly denounce the idea of it but facilitate the production. The BFLs will stay 5 fish format, too much money on the line with too many potential issues with the BPT format to have it at a regional level. It’ll be a logistical nightmare resulting in protests of angler catches at every event
    There are many things that are hypocritical in the entertainment business, bass fishing is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Except no one "took" anybody, they left of their own free will.
    Well they needed somewhere to go............I hope they are all happy about there decision, but I'm willing to bet there are more than a few that would like to un-ring that bell.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

7. Member
    It’s not the “change” that people do not like, it’s the format and constant telling us how great it is. If it was great, everyone would be watching it, period.
    It is all about the change. People are creatures of habit and do not like change as a general rule. It has some appeal as you said not everyone is watching it but a lot are thus the other side feels threatened and most just regurgitate the hate for Duckett and MLF/BPT they hear or read as the majority don't even know him other than what gets posted by some disgruntled fanboy of someone or something else. Watch and participate in what you like the rest will take care of itself.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Well they needed somewhere to go............I hope they are all happy about there decision, but I'm willing to bet there are more than a few that would like to un-ring that bell.
    There is absolutely nothing stopping any of them from un ringing the bell. If the sponsors were unhappy they would pay for the buyout but they aren't going to because they have seen roi or they would be gone already.

And will it really change your life in ant way?

There is absolutely nothing stopping any of them from un ringing the bell. If the sponsors were unhappy they would pay for the buyout but they aren't going to because they have seen roi or they would be gone already.
    Well then I guess it's perfect and I'm the outlier.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

It is all about the change. People are creatures of habit and do not like change as a general rule. It has some appeal as you said not everyone is watching it but a lot are thus the other side feels threatened and most just regurgitate the hate for Duckett and MLF/BPT they hear or read as the majority don't even know him other than what gets posted by some disgruntled fanboy of someone or something else. Watch and participate in what you like the rest will take care of itself.

I disagree - I had no issue when the FLW came to be. I just watched and enjoyed. This feels different, almost combative.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

12. Member
    Why did they need somewhere to go Bill? They could have stayed with BASS if they wanted too. I am sure there was some serious thought into leaving just as most of us would in leaving our current jobs.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

13. Banned
    combative.

14. Member
    Well then I guess it's perfect and I'm the outlier.
    Nothing is perfect, but I would guess its a lot easier on the angler and family when they have a crappy year on the BPT. Either way you look at it anglers on the BPT are 45k ahead of where they were in previous years, winning or not.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    Nothing is perfect, but I would guess its a lot easier on the angler and family when they have a crappy year on the BPT. Either way you look at it anglers on the BPT are 45k ahead of where they were in previous years, winning or not.
    This. Paul Elias, Shaw Grigsby and Jason Lambert all had horrible 1st seasons on the BPT. Imagine how much worse it would have been if they had 45K in entry fees down the drain. That is a significant amount of money for a tour angler to absorb. You would think if it was a terrible situation Paul Elias would retire and cut his loses.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    LOL you really think you can get everyone to like anything ?

Beer? Steak?

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Locknload59 View Post
    This. Paul Elias, Shaw Grigsby and Jason Lambert all had horrible 1st seasons on the BPT. Imagine how much worse it would have been if they had 45K in entry fees down the drain. That is a significant amount of money for a tour angler to absorb. You would think if it was a terrible situation Paul Elias would retire and cut his loses.

Maybe its time for them to retire and make way for the new kids on the block. I’m 100% in favor of a Legends Tour, but once again, the sponsors....

18. Member
    Maybe its time for them to retire and make way for the new kids on the block. I’m 100% in favor of a Legends Tour, but once again, the sponsors....
    Isn't that basically what a lot of them did when they left BASS. Seems like lots of new up and comers on that tour now. Would you still favor a Legends tour if it was BPT style?

19. Member
    According to what Boyd has been saying they will not open up the 80 man field for superstars like Thrift, Dudley and Martins. The only way around that other than wait for 2021 is if someone leaves on their own or retires.

I think it is almost a given that John Cox will be fishing BASS next year.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Locknload59 View Post
    Boyd lives rent free in several heads here.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast