Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    Nascar just announced they are going to hybrid cars for 2022, change is inevitable without it there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement
    I wouldn't follow Nascar down any path. They are upside down on the back straight away these days.

2. Member
    Nascar just announced they are going to hybrid cars for 2022, change is inevitable without it there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement
    Didnt F1 or some indy style car go hybrid as well.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    This coming from a guy to starts more crap than anyone, has no interest in tournament fishing (until recently when you asked for cheating advice), and likes to twist more things than a game with dots and a spinning device.
    You have issues man hahaha.

And FYI....been fishing tournaments of all levels for 20 years. But you yourself admitted you don't tournament fish but comment on every tournament thread

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Didnt F1 or some indy style car go hybrid as well.
    F1 has been using kinetic energy recovery since 2009 and went full blown hybrid power plants with V6 engines in 2014. Indycar is also going hybrid in 2022 but thats been annouced awhile back. Andretti has said Formula-E (full electric) could be the premier world series in the future.

Ain't much 'Merica in that.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    Or he tells you what they want you to hear.

You crack me up, maybe you can take some of your time between jobs to listen to the various podcast.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Unless i missed the point i thought he was open to working with BASS on scheduling if they wanted to but in the end MLFLW business was first prority. What am i missing on how it hurts BASS to have MLFLW scheduled on top of them as long as it's not the same lake. The BASS guys can tune in to BASS, the MLFLW guys can tune in to MLFLW and those who like all of it can rotate around and watch both then go back and watch recorded stuff later in the year. Seems the only ones who might have a dog in the fight is the sponsors. I doubt the sponsors are worried and i'm betting each and every tournament will not be scheduled on top of each other. When it does happen the sponsors get double exposure during that time frame. Don'r see how that is a lose situation.

Well holy smokes, I agree with you. If they want to see which has better ratings to show the sponsors, schedule them on each other. But from what I understand, mlf only cares about the tv ratings.

8. Member
    Here are my thoughts, just my opinion.
    1. Boyd stated he did it personally, not as a business. I find this hard to believe, but okay.
    2. This was supposed to be good for the sport 2 years ago, now we're seeing rumor or scheduling on top of tournaments, and making fans/anglers pick choose....how is that good? FLW tour guys up in the air with sponsors, entries go up, more unknown
    3. Lots fished the costa this year, to get the birth to fish the cup in 2020, but now that "eligibility" doesn't apply since the flw llc was dissolved. Without the cup birth, what would've numbers been, with such bad payouts?
    4. Based upon 3 above, how many will be frustrated, and might not fish?
    5. BFL will be much better, and where most got their start. Thigh might compensate for the ones above? Anglers want the best bang for their buck, and BFL could be in that mix again.

It's not all bad, but Boyd is in it for Boyd. Not saying that's bad, but to continue to say he's in it for the anglers.....I don't buy that for one second. I'm a person who believes in honesty and integrity. Boyd is a smart business man, but to think he's got the best interest of the anglers is something I don't believe. So.....when someone starts to question other things, it makes you wonder what else isn't "fact". Each person on this site is either Positive, Negative, or Neutral for all of this.

9. Banned
    How do fans have to choose? I enjoy all of them.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiget10 View Post
    Here are my thoughts, just my opinion.
    1. Boyd stated he did it personally, not as a business. I find this hard to believe, but okay.
    2. This was supposed to be good for the sport 2 years ago, now we're seeing rumor or scheduling on top of tournaments, and making fans/anglers pick choose....how is that good? FLW tour guys up in the air with sponsors, entries go up, more unknown
    3. Lots fished the costa this year, to get the birth to fish the cup in 2020, but now that "eligibility" doesn't apply since the flw llc was dissolved. Without the cup birth, what would've numbers been, with such bad payouts?
    4. Based upon 3 above, how many will be frustrated, and might not fish?
    5. BFL will be much better, and where most got their start. Thigh might compensate for the ones above? Anglers want the best bang for their buck, and BFL could be in that mix again.

It's not all bad, but Boyd is in it for Boyd. Not saying that's bad, but to continue to say he's in it for the anglers.....I don't buy that for one second. I'm a person who believes in honesty and integrity. Boyd is a smart business man, but to think he's got the best interest of the anglers is something I don't believe. So.....when someone starts to question other things, it makes you wonder what else isn't "fact". Each person on this site is either Positive, Negative, or Neutral for all of this.
    I see it a little different as MLFLW is now bigger than BD himself. I don't see he has a choice going forward but to give the Anglers what they want as long as it's making money. BD is not the controlling partner in all this in my estimation. The only ones who have to pick and choose are those who like them all. No need for guys who are strictly BASS and 5 biggest to have to choose, just doesn't make sense. No reason for MLFLW every fish counts guys to choose if MLFLW is their preferred tour. The only ones having to choose are those who like it all and with the TV coverage i think it's a moot point. I think going forward MLFLW will pick up the viewers who have traditionally only watched stuff like Bill Dance, Zona, or other shows in that ilk and have no interest in tournaments even though MLFLW are tournaments if that makes sense. I don't see any tours folding anytime soon.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You crack me up, maybe you can take some of your time between jobs to listen to the various podcast.
    I have zero need or desire to listen to any podcast. And you crack me up. You say Boyd is a snake oil salesman. No one should believe anything he says. But you believe everything Ike says. Lol

12. Banned
    I have zero need or desire to listen to any podcast. And you crack me up. You say Boyd is a snake oil salesman. No one should believe anything he says. But you believe everything Ike says. Lol

Well if you would listen to your hero Boyd on a podcast, you might just learn something... Your love for Duckett is strong.

Ike is one of the few honest guys on tour, not quite sure why you can’t accept that, jealous maybe???
    Last edited by grout-scout; 10-15-2019 at 11:02 AM.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Well if you would listen to your hero Boyd on a podcast, you might just learn something... Your love for Duckett is strong.

Ike is one of the few honest guys on tour, not quite sure why you can’t accept that, jealous maybe???
    Lol

14. Member
    [QUOTE=bbbill;10586016]I have a personal friend that is a major shareholder in MLF. Like it of not MLF is the top grossing outdoor show in the world. Many may not like the format but the sponsors who pay the bills absolutely do. Thus the growth.[/QUOTE. Slow down Tonto! MLF is the top program on the Outdoor channel, not overall.

15. Banned
    [QUOTE=lakebouef5;10587872]
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbill View Post
    I have a personal friend that is a major shareholder in MLF. Like it of not MLF is the top grossing outdoor show in the world. Many may not like the format but the sponsors who pay the bills absolutely do. Thus the growth.[/QUOTE. Slow down Tonto! MLF is the top program on the Outdoor channel, not overall.
    Have you seen their books? He said top grossing. Not most watched

16. Banned
    So what have we learned? I really don't have time to read all 8 pages today so was wondering what I missed. Thanks in advance.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    So what have we learned? I really don't have time to read all 8 pages today so was wondering what I missed. Thanks in advance.
    Some guys hate MLF/BPT
    Some guys love MLF/BPT
    Some guys enjoy watching all formats
    Some guys just like to argue
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

18. Member
    [QUOTE=Dubee;10587891]
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post

Have you seen their books? He said top grossing. Not most watched
    And have the MLF folks seen the books of every other outdoor show in the world to claim the top grossing spot? Haha

19. Banned
    [QUOTE=smbass77;10587971]

And have the MLF folks seen the books of every other outdoor show in the world to claim the top grossing spot? Haha
    Don't know. I don't have a clue how much they made. I was justing pointing out it was gross not watched

I wish people would separate the two formats when we get in to these pissing matches. MLF and BPT are two different animals under the MLF umbrella. MLF has been running for years and has a following/history, but BPT is so new, I don't see how there are any numbers yet to show it's more popular than other trails that have been running for years.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast