Lake Gatson fun.

So haven't had much time this year to fish ( kids sports, work and just family stuff). Anyway Saturday we were at the lake. I got up and was able to go out for couple/3 hours and had a great time.

First place I go to I try a crankbait deep in a channel, nothing. So I move to a another place. Miss one on a buzz bait ( actually broke it off, my fault). Then caught 2 on a popper. One just over 2lb. Biggest of the morning. Move little bit and saw some shad moving around so I started with a lipless, nothing. Next
    a spinner bait. Had some bites. Lost the tail to grub trailer twice, but no hook up. Move around corner into cove. Now I see fish busting on shad. Stood there and caught 4 fish in like 15 min. I was pretty jazzed. That's when my alarm went off, time to head in.

Put boat in at 9:30am, spent 20min getting tackle ready. Fished for just over 2 hours and 6 fish. And I loved it. Nothing big, but I go to hook some fish.
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    I have not been down there in about a month. It should be getting good. I hope to get down there in a couple weeks. I think I told you about the secret spinnerbait. This time of year that spinnerbait, a jerkbait and a squarebill is all you need.

Glad you had fun.

By the way the Mattaponi is on fire. On the last 3 trips which was in the last week we caught about 50 bass a couple over 5lbs 4-5 4lbers and abut of 3lbers. I am telling you for easy fishing that is the place to go.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    I have not been down there in about a month. It should be getting good. I hope to get down there in a couple weeks. I think I told you about the secret spinnerbait. This time of year that spinnerbait, a jerkbait and a squarebill is all you need.

Glad you had fun.

By the way the Mattaponi is on fire. On the last 3 trips which was in the last week we caught about 50 bass a couple over 5lbs 4-5 4lbers and abut of 3lbers. I am telling you for easy fishing that is the place to go.
    Is that an invitation

4. Member
    Anytime!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

5. Member
    Wish I had the time to fish other places. Right now lucky to get couple hours to fish Chesdin (couple miles from house) or Gaston (have a place there).

Not going to complain though. Kids are doing good in school and a sports. But I sure do wish I could have just a little more time to fish. lol
    Semper Fi

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    Wish I had the time to fish other places. Right now lucky to get couple hours to fish Chesdin (couple miles from house) or Gaston (have a place there).

Not going to complain though. Kids are doing good in school and a sports. But I sure do wish I could have just a little more time to fish. lol
    Yea it is tuff with kids at the ages your are. Enjoy the time. Mine are now 14 and doing there own thing alot of the time and it is hard to spend time with them between school work sports and girls.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx