Thread: ? for pokie pa.

? for pokie pa.

jerk bait bite at the Pack yet?

2. Member
    Have small club tourny this Sat. Guyriding with me is tied for angler or year and its the last points tourny.

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    HEY... To be honest I have not been out this past week at all>>>>>>> BUT,
    My friend has been out and he told me cranks with orange belly was doing the trick for him.
    ALSO, wacky rig 5" sticks near shore...WATERMELON RED.
    Hope that helps Tell him GOOD LUCK for AOY

4. Member
    Well at least I have the right crank bait tied on. THANKS MUCH

5. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mark482vs View Post
    Well at least I have the right crank bait tied on. THANKS MUCH

6. Scraps
    I was out twice this weekend, south of your guys. Water temp still hovering 60-62 throughout. Managed one 4lb smallie and a largie drop shotting deep. Fished all deep one day, puzzled yesterday in the rain and fished deep and tried shallow. Can't find a wad of fish anywhere. Finding tons of bait balls. I fished a jerkbait quite a bit but nothing. Just wondering if 60 degrees is cold enough for a jerkbait.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    [QUOTE=krindgen;10599377 Just wondering if 60 degrees is cold enough for a jerkbait.[/QUOTE]

I havent got any on a jerk bait yet myself. Water temp need to go down a few around 55 and below. I was out this morning a few hours with cranks and nothing. I picked up
    a few pickerel on S/Bs but nothing on hard. Tried a NED in 12' and nothing. Nothing at all on plastics.I was going to throw some jigs by docks but I needed to get home to
    take care of some things while the sun is out. I might go out some tomorrow but try a different lake... more north of me.

8. Member
    Water was 63.7 this morning

ProStaff Member
    www.
    powerteamlures.com
    www.power-pole.com
    www.wootungsten.com
    www.rapala.com
    www.riotbaits.com
    www.basssnax.com

9. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdubernas View Post
    Water was 63.7 this morning

Where did you go?? Thursday is suppose to be a nice day. I am heading to a small late near me. Hoping to find the smallie on jerkbait and Crankbaits but
    if they aren't yet, i will see if the largies will be all over spinnerbaits.

10. Member
    From State launch to martens cove. It's was raining and foggy for awhile. Fishing was slow caught small fish. Nothing to right home about

ProStaff Member
    www.
    powerteamlures.com
    www.power-pole.com
    www.wootungsten.com
    www.rapala.com
    www.riotbaits.com
    www.basssnax.com

11. Member
    Pokie, just a update from tourn. past Sat. We fish as a team even through points are per person. (different partner each time) I put three smallmouth in boat for 6.59lbs but broke one off that was a bookend to my lunker(2.69) partner did not ave a good day and blanked so he lost AOL by 1lb. Other boat had 4 for the win. I owe you a coffee some time after season is over okay?

12. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    . I owe you a coffee some time after season is over okay?
    Mark... ANYTIME.... Glad you did well and my tips helped. It is just getting prime for the big ones to get one fire.... Coffee is GREAT. Let me know I am retired and always ready. You can PM me anytime.

Hey guys, I’ve been going to the PAC twice a week for the last few weeks and I’m headed up there today. I’ve been catching most of my fish 10 feet or less on moving baits, mostly a crank bait and a spinner bait.

I had a question for all the local experts. I mostly fish year round probably 12 feet or less on average. Is there a good deep bite at the PAC? If so, how deep is deep?

I see the same old timers at the ramp during the week and it might be some from on here! If you see a red ranger with the twin 10 foot poles and jersey plates on the truck, come say hi!

14. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Hey RED LUND.. I sent you PM

15. Member
    Hey Pokie! no fishing for me this past weekend, hockey weekend ion Pittsburg . Leviong for semi annual trip to Lake Anne on Weds.

16. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Hey Pokie! no fishing for me this past weekend, hockey weekend ion Pittsburg . Leviong for semi annual trip to Lake Anne on Weds.
    ME either fishing this weekend. Family things and watched the Eagles play football. Be safe out there and have a good Trip... Say "Hi" to Lake Anne for me. Heading to the pack tomorrow
    and want to try out some of those new NED BUGs they make. I'll post any results...