Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    One thing to factor in is, boat companies don't do promotional discounts on boat less than 20'. Lots of the boats listed for sale here are regional "Team" guys trying to unload their boat so they can get a new one. The 18-19' buyer tends to keep their boat for longer periods of time, and they sell more quickly when they do put them up for sale.
    So if you don’t buy a boat of at least 21 ft and minimum 250 and 10,000 worth of goodies no pro staff discount?
    J D

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainslinger1959 View Post
    So if you don’t buy a boat of at least 21 ft and minimum 250 and 10,000 worth of goodies no pro staff discount?
    J D
    20' and up.

3. Banned
    That extra 2' spread over a 30 Year Loan is ashtray change....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    That extra 2' spread over a 30 Year Loan is ashtray change....
    Yeah but on a 5 year note it is significant.

Male insecurity. Many men would be embarrassed to show up in a 19' 200 hp.

P01135809

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I believe most folks buying that size boat just holds on to them. Its is probably the largest market and its a toy. so once you get one you tend to hold on to them. I don't see many families today with everything else going on ponying up for a 70-80 grand boat. They buy them and just fish out of them.
    BPS has sold a ton of 17-18 ft tin boats and its not stopping, same as the glass boats.

Actually, most 18’ boat owners keep them a long time. Also the 18’ market is changing drastically and we are seeing a lower volume in theis fiberglass segment. People are buying larger fiberglass boats today with more horsepower. The options to consumers for 18’ Boats are also shrinking as the offering and options shrinks.

Lots of 20-21 foot standard tourney rigs being flipped every year as new boats are ordered. Slim to no 18-19 footers being flipped every year. People buy the 18-19 footers and hold on to them.

9. Member
    I like the price of a 19'er but I don't like the ride. At 64 I shall require a 21' or 22'.

10. Member
    Little old but good info. If your looking for an 18ft boat look in other places as well. There are plenty of them out there.

https://boatingindustry.com/top-stor...hing-goes-big/
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

11. Banned
    Mine will be hitting the market this coming week. ;)

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    Little old but good info. If your looking for an 18ft boat look in other places as well. There are plenty of them out there.

https://boatingindustry.com/top-stor...hing-goes-big/
    Good article, thanks for sharing.

13. Member
    My take
    The 17-18 foot boat segment has been sucked up by the Aluminum boat industry. There is a very small market left in the 17-18 foot glass boats.
    The 19 foot glass boat market sells well. Unlike the 20-21 foot market, those with the 19 footers tend to keep them. Thus the reason not many are for sale.

I have owned two 20 foot BCB's, an 18 footer, and now a 19 footer. The 19 foot PII fits the lakes and my style of fishing perfect. If I won the Lotto, I would order a new 19 footer. Well, maybe a 20 foot Eyra, but it fishes small.

So IMO, there are not many used 19 footers for sale because most owners keep them for long periods.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    My take
    The 17-18 foot boat segment has been sucked up by the Aluminum boat industry. There is a very small market left in the 17-18 foot glass boats.
    The 19 foot glass boat market sells well. Unlike the 20-21 foot market, those with the 19 footers tend to keep them. Thus the reason not many are for sale.

I have owned two 20 foot BCB's, an 18 footer, and now a 19 footer. The 19 foot PII fits the lakes and my style of fishing perfect. If I won the Lotto, I would order a new 19 footer. Well, maybe a 20 foot Eyra, but it fishes small.

So IMO, there are not many used 19 footers for sale because most owners keep them for long periods.
    I believe you are absolutely correct. I purchased my 19 ft - 200HP boat in Oct of 2003. It was a perfect fit for my wallet and my garage. I am still fishing out of it today.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jimmy View Post
    I believe you are absolutely correct. I purchased my 19 ft - 200HP boat in Oct of 2003. It was a perfect fit for my wallet and my garage. I am still fishing out of it today.
    Same here. I actually built a 2nd garage with dimensions for the 196 and other tools/toys. I can get a larger boat in but do not feel the need. I occasionally go to larger bodies of water and a few times have wished the boat was bigger but not enough to make me change. My boat works just fine on my home waters.

As my boat has gotten older I have thought about making a change a number of times to avoid repair and maintenance bills but always decide to stay with what I have. If I do anything I will add a smaller tin boat with a jet to go places that I can't take my glass boat. I actually have a wife that thinks having two boats makes a lot of sense.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

16. Member
    I Just Came out of a 19 foot 2 in. And went to a 20 foot 2 in the Ride difference is like day and night I personally will never go back the extra 1 foot really makes a difference. Just find a good used one and the price isn't that much more.

17. Banned
    I’m a fan of 19’rs. Currently looking for a different one. They are hard to find and fetch a premium price. I figure all the 20+ have been beat to death by poor operators.

18. Banned
    I have a ranger z118 and the cost of this boat new was stupid. Most anglers looking for an 18ft boat go with aluminum because of the value. I fish a lot of smaller lakes here in Ontario most of them with poor ramps. So having an 18-8 boat with a f150 pick up allows me to drop my rig in any lake. It’s also very easy on fuel and oil. Would I want a 20ft Ranger.... who wouldn’t it’s just not needed for my style of fishing and I’m comfortable with my choice. Actually im considering going to a loaded up tin tiller.

19. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Somebody hurry up and find Aaron a boat. I need to see some more of his fishing videos with a good Kool and the Gang soundtrack! As a matter of fact, my daughter asked about this the other day. She used to sit and watch the videos with me on the 55" Vizio! GOOD TIMES BASS FISHING CLUB
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

20. Banned
    A couple of quick questions...

#1) Are You stuck on Ranger™ or what if a 'real deal' pops up on like a 2019 Blazer™595Elite w/200 for $42k *

#2) Willing to travel from the Red Baton?

* Is available from where I got my Ranger™ and the nice Lady dealer saved me a ton of $$$

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast