30 foot enough carpet for Tracker 190TX

I will be recarpeting my boat this winter to include the storage boxes. I also plan on removing the front livewell and putting in dry storage so will carpet that too. Will 30 feet of carpet be enough?

Thanks,

Robert

2. Member
    I think that would be enough assuming no mistakes on cuts. I re-carpeted my 17' TX17 a few years ago and used 27' with a little left over.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

3. Member
    Here is a copy of my post in 2018 referencing my carpet replacement:

It probably depends on the boat, but I just finished mine, a 2001 Tracker PT 185, and I ordered 30 ft of Syntec 24 oz that was 7 ft wide. I didn't waste any, used the old carpet as templates. I did not do inside the 2 rod boxes, nor in the underseat storage. That was all in good shape and the color coordinated well. I had little left over, the biggest scrap was 10 x 21. Like I said, no waste at all, no screw-ups, and it took every bit of it. I just replaced every bit of carpet that was visible. I would guess that to do everything in my boat it would take another 5 ft at a minimum. I rolled out my new carpet, used the old pieces as templates, all with an arrow for grain orientation, and I was amazed at how little was left.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    I think that would be enough assuming no mistakes on cuts. I re-carpeted my 17' TX17 a few years ago and used 27' with a little left over.
    Did you do the rod box and storage areas as well?

5. Member
    My tx17 did not have a rod box but I did do the live well and storage boxes.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

People laugh when I tell them trackers eat up the more carpeting than a 21’ bassboat and that the labor is more extensive. But it’s true.

7. Member
    Depends how wide the carpet is that you buy. I buy 8.5' wide carpet, it's the best bang for the buck. Some boat decks are over 6' wide, and you don't want to run it in a different direction like bullet does on their back deck.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

You can never have enough carpet. One mistake and your done. You will fine plenty of use if you buy some extra. You will have places now that don't have carpet that you can add some to.

I usually go with the 20 oz as it is easier to work with than the 24. But the 24 will feel better and last a little longer.