250HPDI winter storage/Fuel

I have a 06 250HPDI and this will be my first winter with it. In the past I have always fogged my engines but after some searches I am getting mixed opinions regarding the HPDI and most posts seem several years old. Is there a proven process that I should be doing? The boat will be stored for about 5 months. The boat has only had Non Ethanol fuel and Ring free added at every fuel up. Do I still need to add Stabil? Should I fog through intake or just cylinders? Fuel seperaor and filters now or in the spring? I plan on doing the lower unit as well. Anything else?

2. Member
    I dont know about proven methods but i have an 03 250hpdi. I stabilize the fuel using yamaha fuel stabilizer per instructions, fog the cylinders, change lower unit oil, and make sure all the water is drained out by raising motor up and down as far as it will go till nothing comes out. You can change fuel seperator as well. Thats how ive stored mine the last 3 seasons and starts right up in the spring.

3. Member
    I am not a fan of stabil after cleaning red goo out of a few carbs. I always use premium as the fuel will loose a few numbers over the winter. I do fog my engine as it sits in a non heated storage garage. If it stays the winter in the heated garage I do not fog it. So if it going to be exposed to large temp swings I would get some oil into the bottom end and cylinders. This is JMHO and experience from repairing 2 strokes over 40+ years. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.