Question Leak! on my TR 22.

Hey all. I have a 2017 TR 22 DC which I bought used. I've had it for about a year now. Love the boat and all with no issues. The previous time I had it out I only had it on the water for 15 minutes because the motor hadn't been run in about 6 weeks. When I pulled out and opened the plug the water just ran out like you read about. The previous time I had it out the auto bilge kicked on. I have a leak. I went over it and couldn't find anything and took it to the shop to see if they could find anything when I just had the annual maintenance done. They couldn't find anything either but the shop resealed a few things in the back end with silicone. I took it out today for 2 hours and it still leaks-when I opened the plug the water ran out-not near as much so I think the silicone helped out a bit. I am thinking the plug might be going bad. The plug has an O ring on it and I did notice that it doesn't quite " click " like it used to as when I first got the boat. I am thinking that I might need a new O ring before I tear the back end open again and look for it. Has anyone had this happen before? What was your problem and how was it resolved? Does anyone know what size O ring or do you have to replace the whole plug? I am attaching a photo-My index finger is pointed at an opening in the boat-does anyone know what this opening is for? You can also see my plug-it has a remote open and close with it.

Thanks
    21" Glass

2. Member
    This is how I found my leak: With boat on trailer and on an incline, disconnect the crank battery to disable the auto bilge. Keep the drain plug in. Stick a hose in the bilge and fill it up. In
    my case water drained out the livewell inlet pump line (the ones with the basket strainers attached) this indicated that the pump had a crack and was allowing water to drain in and out the line.

My TR 21 had a leak also. Found it to be the pump out hose on the port side. The way I found the leak was I plugged both live wells from the bottom rear of the boat. Took the strainers off & put plugs in so no water could come in through the lines or pumps. No water in bilge at all. Then plugged the live wells from inside. No water. Unplugged one live well inside the boat, no water. Unplugged the port side live well & Water, water. The live well was filling up but the pump out hose had a split in it. Have no idea how that happened. Haven't found out how to replace it yet. I did all this with the boat in the driveway & a garden hose. If you want to see if your remote drain is leaking, just put water in the bilge & watch the rear. Good luck in finding the leak.
    Last edited by tracer1; 03-16-2020 at 08:49 AM.

4. Member
    Thanks guys! I had done the same things before. Even went back today to see if I missed something. The only thing I get is a small bit of seepage out of the starboard livewell drain hole. Nothing actually out of the drain line-just seepage around the outside of the drain hole-in the pic above it is the opening just to the right of the red plug. I did get a new O ring on order also for the drain plug itself though as I called the dealership and they had heard of the O ring going bad before-I'll try that when it arrives.

5. Member
    UPDATE-

I found the leak! It was the seal on my live well pumpout pump had failed. The seal was non-existant-it had deteriorated to nothing. I got into the backend where all the pumps are and found it. I changed out the pump and put a new seal in. I've had the boat out 4 times with no issues-no leaks

Glad you found a solution that was an easy fix. I still haven't found a way to replace that pump out hose yet, which is what I think I will have to do. Think I'm getting too old to have a boat anymore.