Transom Saver Recommendation

I just lost my Lou’s motor toter, not if it broke and came off on the way to the lake or I somehow managed to leave it laying around when I launched early yesterday. I thought I put it in my truck but when I got back I couldn’t find it anywhere. Anyways, I need to buy something and it looks like Lou quit making them, is that correct? If so, what is recommended?

The carpeted block of wood BCB send you home with.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    I just lost my Lou’s motor toter, not if it broke and came off on the way to the lake or I somehow managed to leave it laying around when I launched early yesterday. I thought I put it in my truck but when I got back I couldn’t find it anywhere. Anyways, I need to buy something and it looks like Lou quit making them, is that correct? If so, what is recommended?
    As far as I know they have stopped making the Lou's. I do have an extra one that was cracked at the dealership when I took it in for service. I had it welded back up but due to the heat the bushing got destroyed. If you could find new bushings this one would work for you. I was just keeping as a spare. Let me know if you are interested and we can work something out.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    The carpeted block of wood BCB send you home with.
    Right?!

5. Member
    Here is the ones I used on my homemade one. Not positive but I believe they are the same ones.

http://www.nexgenoffroad.com/product-p/prm600.htm

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angle iron View Post
    Here is the ones I used on my homemade one. Not positive but I believe they are the same ones.

http://www.nexgenoffroad.com/product-p/prm600.htm
    Looks vey close anyways.. I will keep that in mind. Thank you sir
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

TH motor sticks are solid and cheap
    0G886873 Mercury Serial Number
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera III with 200 Merc

Quote Originally Posted by webertime View Post
    I just looked at those yesterday at Cabela’s, had not seen them before.

JINXBASS, what are you asking for the Lou’s? I’d like to find another Lou’s for sure, just want to make sure I can find the right bushings.

Quote Originally Posted by webertime View Post

JINXBASS, what are you asking for the Lou’s? I’d like to find another Lou’s for sure, just want to make sure I can find the right bushings.

We aren’t fans of anything out now for the new engines. That being said we did have the older Lou’s style toters in stock still. If that fits your application, when we run out they are done.

The motor block is a shipping parts for first dealership delivery and that’s what MMosher is speaking of.

11. Member

c130 I will ship it to you for $60.00. I expect shipping to be about $15.00-20.00. 4so about $40.00 for the toter itself. I know you will need bushings for it. Just trying to help out if you cant get one. Just let me know.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

12. Member
    Can't for the life of me figure out why bcb supports a certain type of motor support/frowns on another, but ships with a carpeted block of wood.

13. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    I'm using this. Its as solid as anything ive ever seen and my motor doesnt move with the clips. Pricey but IMO well worth it. Dave is a great guy to deal with and also Basscat affiliated.

https://dd26fishing.com/shop?olsPage...-transom-saver
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

5 keepers, the block is temporary and serves to secure the motor. Most companies simply don’t use anything on delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    As far as I know they have stopped making the Lou's. I do have an extra one that was cracked at the dealership when I took it in for service. I had it welded back up but due to the heat the bushing got destroyed. If you could find new bushings this one would work for you. I was just keeping as a spare. Let me know if you are interested and we can work something out.

Thought I replied but evidently I didn’t, thanks for the offer. I bought an Attwood and I’m going to give it a try as I needed something quick to use while towing the boat, going fishing tomorrow. I bought the Attwood style with the spring in it that gives a little bit of shock relief. Seems well made and think I gave around $70-$80 for it so it is reasonably priced.

I did email Lou and he has stopped making his style transom saver. I may email him and see what bushings it takes, I still prefer his style transom saver.

16. Member
    Thought I replied but evidently I didn’t, thanks for the offer. I bought an Attwood and I’m going to give it a try as I needed something quick to use while towing the boat, going fishing tomorrow. I bought the Attwood style with the spring in it that gives a little bit of shock relief. Seems well made and think I gave around $70-$80 for it so it is reasonably priced.

I did email Lou and he has stopped making his style transom saver. I may email him and see what bushings it takes, I still prefer his style transom saver.
    10-4.... Sounds good. Let me know if I can help.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

17. Member
    I’ll second Andy on this one. It is pricey, but I was already using steering arm clips, and this unit is better than anything I’ve seen for the new 4s. Mine is under a 300 Pro XS 4s.

18. Member
    Sounds as if some jerk stole it! Some "person" stole a PFD that Rick gave me out of my boat this summer. Started packing since! Sorry state of affairs!

2017 Basscat Eyra

Quote Originally Posted by Cbumpilori View Post
    Sounds as if some jerk stole it! Some "person" stole a PFD that Rick gave me out of my boat this summer. Started packing since! Sorry state of affairs!

2017 Basscat Eyra
    That’s what I’m thinking, I left my truck unlocked. I was driving my sons truck and the battery was dead in the remote and the doors didn’t lock. There was nothing else in the truck but the Lou’s.