2000 champion 203

Looking at possibly picking one up to build a lake boat with. Anyone have one? Likes, dislikes? Will a 150 push it, or will I be much better off with a 200+? I'm not worried about speed, but I would like to plane off and run in some chop. My current boat does 35ish, so if I could get 55, it's more than enough.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

2. Member
    I would jump on one of you find a decent one. I would say a 200 would be the route I would go (minimum). I have beaten one around for a lot of years and not regretted it a bit.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite203 View Post
    I would jump on one of you find a decent one. I would say a 200 would be the route I would go (minimum). I have beaten one around for a lot of years and not regretted it a bit.

One of the reasons keeping me from pulling the trigger. It has no motor. I have a 150 in the garage, if I knew that'd get me by I'd have already bought the boat.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    One of the reasons keeping me from pulling the trigger. It has no motor. I have a 150 in the garage, if I knew that'd get me by I'd have already bought the boat.
    If it were me and I wanted the boat I'd buy it, sell the 150 in the garage and buy a 225 when you find the right deal. Good luck!

5. Banned
    Or just mount the 150 and keep your eye out for 200+. You'd probably be a little dissapointed in the 150....but since you already have it, bolt it and go.