Thread: POP Yaughts

POP Yaughts

Has anyone out there ever used this broker to purchase a used boat.

2. Member
    Yes, I did. Worked really well, went from Michigan to Oklahoma to buy a boat. I worked out a deal with 2 sellers to take their boat to a dealer to get it inspected, I paid for it. Worked out as first boat had way more hours than stated in add. That said 2nd boat went very smoothly picked it up and left for home same day. All paper work and dealing with banks went great.

3. Member
    Never bought a boat through them but I remember they had a Z521 advertised as a Z521C, I was compelled to inform them that the advertisement was incorrect. They came back arguing so I showed them pictures between a Z521 and Z521C (both on Ebay) they still thought I was clueless and said"this is how the boat is advertised". They even had a picture of the Z521 badging on the side, no C.

4. Member
    Well, they email me a 5 page contract wanting me to initial and sign that I will put down 10% of the offer I made on the boat and their fee of 389 dollars. I emailed them back and said no way. I had not even checked out the boat.
    I am not a lawyer or good at reading contracts and they may be totally legit but, they need to simplify their process because it seemed like some kind of online scam.
    Later

5. Member
    I put an offer on a boat (non-bass boat) last year through POP Yachts and later retracted my offer. The 10% deposit is fully refundable, although they did not give it back without a lot of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Never bought a boat through them but I remember they had a Z521 advertised as a Z521C, I was compelled to inform them that the advertisement was incorrect. They came back arguing so I showed them pictures between a Z521 and Z521C (both on Ebay) they still thought I was clueless and said"this is how the boat is advertised". They even had a picture of the Z521 badging on the side, no C.
    Similar experience here. They do sell boats eventually so my guess is they must take a hefty percentage because I rarely see anything for sale that isn't priced over book or misrepresented as mentioned. The boat I saw happened to be a C but was listed as a model year newer than the anniversary badging.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam J View Post
    Well, they email me a 5 page contract wanting me to initial and sign that I will put down 10% of the offer I made on the boat and their fee of 389 dollars. I emailed them back and said no way. I had not even checked out the boat.
    I am not a lawyer or good at reading contracts and they may be totally legit but, they need to simplify their process because it seemed like some kind of online scam.
    Later
    That's common procedure on most all consignment or brokered boats outside of the bass boat industry. We have the same policy, without the fee.

In my experience Pop Yachts boats are always WAY overpriced..

8. Member
    I keep scrolling if I see Pop Yachts.