Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Been a Packer fan my whole life and the problem with gunslinger QB like Favre they will win some and lose some and some of the losses come in the playoffs .
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wstutts View Post
    Been a Packer fan my whole life and the problem with gunslinger QB like Favre they will win some and lose some and some of the losses come in the playoffs .

Yup! you get it, and what I see more and more in him the more I see him play. its fun and all...but its a gamble, and whenever you gamble there is a chance you will lose. Tony didnt have much playoff experience, but his gunslinger style did lose us some big games. I love me some Favre....but id prefer a much less polar type QB without that gunslinger mentality. Someone like Wilson today is what you want...he rarely makes a throw where I say "WTF were you thinking throwing that" and thats huge in the NFL today. Game managers do better and better in the league year after year with success...Cousins got paid, Keenum is still a starter. Decision making is key in todays NFL more than ever imo....and watching Mahomes, you all (KC Fans) are gonna be glued to the end of your seats in a lot of his big games just cuz of his style/decision making. Id rather have the decision making be one less variable to worry about, but thats my opinion. R. Wilson has gotten better year after year, I can see Mahomes being the same because he does seem like he wants to be great.

NOW....KC just has to hope they can build a defense after he gets paid this offseason like the rumors I heard say will happen. Cuz man....I think BBC could field a better D-line! wow it was bad! lol
    Last edited by dmc575; 10-14-2019 at 11:20 AM.

3. Member

4. Banned
    Yup that was a BIG WTF throw in the BIGGEST game... Dan

5. Member
    He's a gunslinger for sure. He's changing the qb position for sure. He can rifle the bale in any throwing position. The biggest difference is the run game from last year. The o-line is injured. Before mahomes you definitely put k.c. and defense in the same sentence. We've lost big name defensive players due to $ or just getting old. No Eric berry, Marcus Peters, tamba Hali, Dee Ford, Justin Houston, and Derrick Johnson to name a few. The run game by far is the biggest difference between this year and last. They've put the whole damn team on mahomes shoulders. All great QBs had a sophomore slump, it's expected b.c. now there is more tape of the kid.
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystonekiller View Post
    He's a gunslinger for sure. He's changing the qb position for sure. He can rifle the bale in any throwing position. The biggest difference is the run game from last year. The o-line is injured. Before mahomes you definitely put k.c. and defense in the same sentence. We've lost big name defensive players due to $ or just getting old. No Eric berry, Marcus Peters, tamba Hali, Dee Ford, Justin Houston, and Derrick Johnson to name a few. The run game by far is the biggest difference between this year and last. They've put the whole damn team on mahomes shoulders. All great QBs had a sophomore slump, it's expected b.c. now there is more tape of the kid.

yea...might be his gift and his curse that he can pretty much make any throw. that no look pass where he missed a wide open Kelce (1st vid I posted) comes to mind....I dont know how much more "WTF were you thinking" you can get beside that throw. Kelce was open, but he made the decision to no look it...when the right decision was just to hit him. NO reason at all to do that no look during that play, because if he was trying to get kelce a little more space or worried about the Defence closing in on Kelce he couldve just gunned it to him. But he made the decision for whatever reason to no look it...dont remember 100% but I think they had to settle for a FG that possession. Cant give away 4 points in the NFL like that today. It was a terrible and inexplicable decision...and thats a scary thing. Trust me...Romo was a gunslinger too and gave the haters plenty of fuel. So I know what the gunslinger struggle is like lol

They are relying more on Mahomes...or the offense in general imo. Even the games they win theyve all been pretty high scoring. They think they can go college style and just outscore everyone...but that doesnt happen in the NFL. Now its my understanding the kid is supposed to get paid pretty soon. So that means he is going to have to put the team on his shoulders more and more due to the salary cap, so this may be a preview of things to come. You all better hope he doesnt go Matt Stafford on you....he got paid and was the highest paid QB for a while (iirc) but they never could put a team around him. And maybe not as overall skilled as mahomes in all the same departments, but Stafford wasnt a scrub at all and looked great in those years leading up to that fat deal he got. I know itll trigger the KC fans like my OP did (but im being honest because I see something similar happening in Dallas, and am already seeing it in LA with the rams and their RB+QB+A.Donald deal)...but I can see Mahomes not reaching his full potential (kinda like manning and also kinda like Rodgers if we are talking skill to potential imo) in KC after he hits a fat deal. Im 100% hoping im wrong...because like I said, I can see very similar in Dallas after everyone/the core gets paid....and Dak isnt even as good as Mahomes so its even more worrisome for me! lol

I hope the cap is changed up in the near future...but thats just my take. I can show you plenty of teams that didnt do so hot after paying their QB top dollar, and I can see that here with the money they are talking about for Mahomes. He will always be able to keep them competitive tho because he is so good...but its that gunslinger nature i worry can be a hinderance to him.

7. Member
    Mahomes will be fine. Tom Brady is the best quarterback in the league and the greatest of all time. It will be a long time for anyone to match what Brady has done overall as a QB. After Brady, Mahomes is the best QB in the league and their isn't one owner out there who wouldn't take him for their team especially if the money was right as no other QB has that stature. Other than Brady you can bet KC wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league and due to Brady's age the Chiefs wouldn't make the trade if possible. Another year or two and the Chiefs will be in the drivers seat. You can bet the other teams are hoping to draft a QB of Mahomes caliber. Call him a gunslinger or what not but he is a winner.

As much as it pains me to say it, you can put any above average ab in the New England system and he’ll win. That team has a way of picking crap off the heap and turning it to gold. Brady is a great qb but on any other team he’s just another Eli Manning.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wstutts View Post
    You have to get to the playoffs to lose in some.

10. Member
    I think he makes gutsy, sometimes wreckess and ill advised throws. Ill advised because he believes he can make every pass he attempts. If he completes it he's a hero, if not he's wreckless. I personally will take wreckless given that he has 14TD's and 1 INT. That tells me he's not turning the ball over which is what you want.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brantking View Post
    I think he makes gutsy, sometimes wreckess and ill advised throws. Ill advised because he believes he can make every pass he attempts. If he completes it he's a hero, if not he's wreckless. I personally will take wreckless given that he has 14TD's and 1 INT. That tells me he's not turning the ball over which is what you want.
    good point! i got ROMO PTSD! LOL

but he definitely has the stats, and wouldnt be surprised if he gets another MVP this year. Because I think if they make it far its gonna have to be on him. No exaggeration...I couldve picked up 50 yards yesterday as the Texans RB just running through the holes untouched like the Texans backs did. That was some next level bad defense yesterday....hope that is an outlier for them if they wanna have a real shot at the ring this year.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Of course. Everyone in the country would. Mahomes is the best QB in the league and it’s not even close. He still has some growing pains coming, but there is no one even remotely close to this guy from a talent perspective.
    I don’t think I’d go that far that he’s the hands down best qb in the league

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I don’t think I’d go that far that he’s the hands down best qb in the league
    I hate to say this, and im actually throwing up in my mouth a little as i type this. If i had to build a Franchise, Mahomes for sure. If I had to win a game....(*barf*) Im choosing Aaron F%*&!^G Rodgers. Man, do I despise that man. :'( lol

Footage of what goes through my head when i think of Aaron Rodgers....

14. Member
    Big risk = Big reward/big mistake. I love watching him play. I know some of his decisions look reckless, but with his arm strength and accuracy it's probably less reckless than we think. He's got confidence in his abilities. The only reason Tom Brady doesn't make the same types of "reckless" throws is because he can't, he doesn't have half the arm Mahomes does. The kid may go down as the best ever, at least he's on that sort of trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by brantking View Post
    Yeah, he's had one INT, pretty good for a guy with a bad ankle, and playing with an offence that basically does not have a run game. If I was a KC fan, I'd be looking forward to watching this guy for many years.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Yeah, he's had one INT, pretty good for a guy with a bad ankle, and playing with an offence that basically does not have a run game. If I was a KC fan, I'd be looking forward to watching this guy for many years.
    The lack of run game has really hurt them and they are missing Kareem Hunt more than they thought IMO although they had to get rid of him. Favre was way more risky than Mahomes was I think, but I also think Favre had more of a rocket arm than Mahomes and tested tight windows more often. Obviously playing for as long as he did, the good outweighed the bad. Mahomes will be around for a long time and will put on a show for as long as he is healthy.
    1997 Champion 202 w/225 ProMax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12