Met Bill Elliot yesterday

The DeFoors brothers brought a car show to Chattanooga this weekend. It was big deal and I got to spend the day with my Dad and a couple of his buddies who are all 80 +. We saw lots of famous drivers. David Hobbs, Brian Redman.......
    I saw Bill Elliot walking by and went up to him and shook his hand. He was polite but not real friendly. I didn’t get a picture with him but I did get a pic next to one of his cars #9 Coors Ford.
    I did get my pic made with Donald Osborne. From Jay Leno’s Garage. He was very friendly and accommodating to fans.
    brian Johnson of AC/DC raced his 100 year old car in the time trials.
    https://www.chattanoogamotorcar.com/...xoCKU4QAvD_BwE
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

2. Member
    We used to see Bill at our local short track when his nephew Casey raced and l as the on with Chase. Always a nice guy just not very outgoing.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Awesome Bill from Dawsonville. Every time I drive through that “town” on my way to hunt camp it’s hard to believe that area produced 2 great drivers...and lots of shine.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Million dollar Bill. Never a Ford fan but always like Bill and his kid is doing a great job of carrying the torch.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Met Bill's dad George at Greenville/Pickens SC race track, he was sitting right behind us. Didn't know who he was, lots of folks coming up and asking him to sign a bunch of stuff. Started talking to him and turned out to be a neat guy. Asked him if sign my hat which he did he was there watching Chase race. Bill was up in Michigan with Casey.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Met Bill's dad George at Greenville/Pickens SC race track, he was sitting right behind us. Didn't know who he was, lots of folks coming up and asking him to sign a bunch of stuff. Started talking to him and turned out to be a neat guy. Asked him if sign my hat which he did he was there watching Chase race. Bill was up in Michigan with Casey.
    Casey was a good guy he used to come sit with us at my father in laws trailer when we raced at Lanier Raceway. Got to know him pretty good hated what happened to him he was gonna go far.

7. Banned
    always seemed goofy to me but he could drive and was most popular driver for a long time.

8. Banned
    I met Bill outside of Gainesville in '94 at a grocery store. We were there for an ASA archery tournament and went for a beer run. He was about as nice a guy as you would ever meet. It probably helped that I was a huge fan of his, even though I hated a F.O.R.D. and still do.

9. Member
    Bill could drive that Thunderbird and Ernie could built a fast, bulletproof engine.
    Speaking of Dawsonville, is The Pool Room still open. Good food and lots of Nascar stuff.
    Haven't been there in a few years. We always stopped there on the way back to Dalton, GA from fishing Lanier.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger62 View Post
    We used to see Bill at our local short track when his nephew Casey raced and l as the on with Chase. Always a nice guy just not very outgoing.
    Bills got the personality of a scuffed tire.

11. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Bill could drive that Thunderbird and Ernie could built a fast, bulletproof engine.
    Speaking of Dawsonville, is The Pool Room still open. Good food and lots of Nascar stuff.
    Haven't been there in a few years. We always stopped there on the way back to Dalton, GA from fishing Lanier.
    Yes...they sound the siren every time an Elliot wins a race.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

I worked on race cars in my younger days. The owner of our team bought an Elliot thunderbird. The owners son drove the car and always complained that something was always wrong with the car. The owner complained to Bill and he asked when we’re we scheduled to practice. Our owner rented the track. Bill flys in and landed at the airstrip up the road. He got picked up and brought to the track and gets in the number 94 and turned a timed track record. He gets out and said there is nothing wrong with the car and left

13. Member
    Pulling for his son to win the championship this year!