total rewire for a 1997 travis edition 205

hey gang. i know, it's been a LONG time. anywho, i was wondering if anyone has done a complete rewire job. i want to upgrade my entire boat. replace EVERYTHING. is it really as hard to do myself? or just time consuming (and i figure it is both, lol). the rig is old and i want to really upgrade and UPdate it. thanks for any advice.

2. Member
    I think I’m facing a total re-wire on my 1989 Cajun Espirit 185. I’ve just acquired this boat and the previous owner was a mess. Just about everything on the boat is rigged up. I think it would be easier for me to tear it all out. The only thing that looks good is the steering and motor controls, everything else is questionable. As she sits now I have all the compartment panels temporarily removed and all the electrical switches removed, everything is exposed. In the largest rear compartment, (behind the gas tank) I found a electrical wiring diagram on the lid. I’m not sure if this will help you seeing how you have a much newer model but, you never know. Good Luck.
    EF7E4EEE-E842-488A-A00D-999974FE685B.jpeg

3. Member
    thanks ! i have looked EVERYWHERE but i don't have what you have there. sure wish i did. good luck with yours.

4. Member
    0629192133.jpghere's another that i pulled from this forum for a mid 90's Cajun.. I can snap a pic of a similar diagram that is under one of the compartments on my 1987 Cajun Espirit 185.

Supposedly they (cajun) used the same wiring harness for majority of their boats and just rolled up and hid any extra length of wire(s).

5. Member
    awesome !

6. Member
    Here’s the diagram off my 1987 Espirit 185.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XIJ...w?usp=drivesdk

7. Member
    thank you !!

8. Member
    bassandbamafan, If you still own the Travis Edition, or even if you don't but maybe remember about the three outlets on the stern. I know one is the bilge drain and I assume the other one, without the screen has something to do with the live wells same for the one with the strainer on it. What I'm getting at is that even with the boat in the water for just a few minutes not off the trailer, the bilge pump starts pumping water out and there is quite a bit that comes out of the bilge drain. Is this normal? It seems that if the power was off the boat would just fill up with water and sink. Mine is 1997 18' Espirit. Thanks in advance for any information !!!

9. Member
    The middle one is for the drain plug and the other left and right are the pump lines on my Cajun

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

10. Member
    i still own the boat, just can't see getting rid of such a nice rig, lol. and yes, the middle hole is the drain plug. the other 2 are for the live well. i will most likely rewire the entire boat this winter. just gona use it as best i can this year.

11. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Sherco Auto has marine wire in solid and striped colors. Your connectors are probably Molex.

https://www.sherco-auto.com/marine-primary-wire.html
    https://www.sherco-auto.com/striped-tracer-wire.html

12. Member
    Don’t forget to put the plugs in your live wells.... don’t ask. All I will say is thank god I had new bilge pumps in my espirit...

13. Member
    thanks !

14. Member
    lol, ok.